• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Camacho El Legend Ario Bertha Review

woodbm

Drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke
Cigar: Camacho Legend Ario Bertha
Country of Origin: Honduras
Flavor: Full
Shape:Toro
Size: 6 x 60
Wrapper: Corojo Maduro
Drink Pairing: Snapple Peach Tea (My favorite non-alcoholic drink to have with cigars)
Price: $6.50

I was told this cigar line was created to compete with the Rocky Patel Edge line. I walked out on the back deck with cigar and drink in hand. I looked at the cigar and noticed a few small veins and pretty firm to the touch. I then cut the cap using a guillotine cutter. The pre-lit draw was perfect. I proceeded to toast the foot of the cigar. My initial draw from the cigar had a combination of woods, cocoa, and a little spice on the back of the tongue.

Getting through the 1st third of the cigar the flavor profile was mostly woody w/ hints of cocoa. There were a few burn issues I had during the smoking of the cigar but for the most part it evened itself out.

Getting into the 2nd third of the cigar I noticed more of the cocoa flavor with a return of the slight pepper taste I had at the initial lighting. The ash on the cigar was a mixture of white, gray, and dark gray stayed strong for about an inch to an inch and half. I am really enjoying the taste of the cigar and the relaxation on the deck at this point.

The last third of the cigar had a more pronounced flavor of spice but other than that not much change in flavors throughout the entire cigar. I found this cigar to be really enjoyable. It's not a very complex cigar but the taste and aroma was very gratifying. I actually prefer this cigar to the RP Edge.

lacollage.jpg

The Legend-ario line has been around for a long time. Well before the Patel Edge line... albeit Camacho changed the packaging a bit which has made the sticks look very much like the Edge.

I prefer this smoke over the Edge myself and actually it's one of my favorite Camacho's as it has some texture and flavor and isn't all power like most of their smokes.

Sounds like a good day on the deck!

Cheers,

R