• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Camacho Havana Corona

gixxer

Cigar: Camacho Havana Corona
Cost: $4.75
Drink: Iced Espresso

Wrapper: Criollo
Binder: Corojo
Filler: Corojo

Picked this up today after a recommendation. The build was fairly tight, still had some spring to it. It smelled delicious.

The first third was pretty medium-bodied. There was a definite spice/peppery taste to it. As I got through the cigar it built into more of a full body smoke and the spice flavor intensified the further I got. To me the flavor was much like the espresso I was drinking. It's very hard for me to point out specific tastes since I'm still a newb :blush:. There was plenty of smoke and a nice draw, there was just enough resistance.

The ash was very solid, only ashed it 2-3 times through the smoke. The burn however was pretty rough. No matter what I did it didn't want to stay even. I will point out that it was probably the fastest burning cigar I've had. I finished it in 35-40 minutes.

I was told to make sure to get a meal in. I didn't and had a slight buzz. However, since I dip its rare for a cigar to knock me on my ass anymore. I'll see how I handle my RP Edge.

It was nothing spectacular, just good. No big finale at the end. It was definitely a good smoke to go along with my usual afternoon pick-me-up coffee.

This is only my second review so please excuse any loose ends. I'll upload a couple pics when I get a chance.

Thanks for the review. I thought you did a great job. I've only had the Camacho SLR, but I thought it was terrific. I'll have to put the Havana Corona on my list.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll be trying the SLR soon, probably this weekend.

Here's a couple pictures:

I actually like the camacho havana line. Got a box of churchills in my cooler right now. I find many criollo wrapped cigars to have a funky metallic taste -- like the torano silvers....but these do not have that. Imho they have an earthy, unique flavor, and me likey.