• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Camera

nicayotte

Reaction score
My g/f wants a new digital camera for christma!. Please help me pick one out! she was interested in a nikon coolpix s220 which features
-10.2mp (This is decent right)
-Currently 149.99 at Best buy

Do you think this camera is decent or do you know of any around the $200 range that is better or similar?
3ea28c670b869958e503b5828d34266a.jpg

go check out Linky you can do all your searching for info there. I am a Canon man but <cough> Nikon makes a good camera. (Wow never thought I would say that,) but its just like Mac or PC, Ford vs Chevy everyone has their preferences. If you find a few that you need help looking at specific features let me know as for now I am off to bed just got off a 14hr shift and tomorrow is my Friday!

I agree... for about that price range, they all perform about the same. My wife has the similar Canon, and my daughter got the Nikon Coolpix for her birthday.

I cant see much of a difference, except I really like the features available for recording Videos on the coolpix, and they are pretty decent quality to boot. I think the native recording format was .wmv which is very cool. I detest cameras that record to Quicktime.

Anyways, you wont be dissapointed with this camera. It is great on batteries, and easy to use. Also takes great night shots!

I bought my girl a Nikon Coolpix over a year ago and love it. Stick with Canon (my choice in a camera) or Nikon. Stay with the companies that know camera's; do not stray to those folks that make cameras as part of there overall company/business and offer lower prices.

Enjoy the Nikon, I have.

10.2 mp at this price point is good. As stated earlier by modo, other manufacturers are comparabale at lower price points, but you really can't go wrong with Nikon and Canon...they are true staples for mid-range cameras. For teenagers, go with the Nikon...they like the spokesperson, but more importantly, it has features they will enjoy that the Canon does not.

Not sure if this will help but apparently the Canon Powershot SD780 is 180sih at office depot for black friday. Here is the linky to the camera if you want to take a look. Canon

Bought a Nikon about four years ago and love it. Keep thinking I'd like a DLSR but the dumb thing takes GREAT pictures and I can't justify getting rid of it....!!

Edited to add - Digital zoom is a rather poor substitute for optical zoom. Buy all the optics you can; you'll be happy. Also, double thumbs up for Digital Photo Review (linked above). Best site on the net, IMHO.....