• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cameroon Legend

smokers only

I smoked one about an hour ago, Very nice cigar! The draw was great and the cigar had such a great taste to it, great burn and all...

The cigar rated a 88, I would not disagree on that.

I think Iam going to smoke the maduro tomorrow, but the natural was GREAT!!!

-matt

yea they are good cigars got a box of maduro for 1/3 the price, really good with full body might have to try some cameroons.

I like the Indian Tabac Maduros better than their Cameroon Legend line.

IT's are nice cigars :thumbs:

You GOTTA try Oliva "O" Bolds and/or Oliva O maduros ;)

I had my second Cameroon Legend today. The LCS bought up a bunch of them while visiting the factory. According to the LCS's owner, Indian Tabac is redoing the Cameroon Legend series; it will soon be a box pressed cigar. Even though I wasn't thrilled with the first one I smoked, I thought for the $3 clearance price I would give it another go. This time the cigar didn't suffer from poor draw but didn't taste as good as the first one did (that had poor draw). Each cigar did burn well and had pretty ash. Hopefully when they rework them there is a more consistant flavor and draw.

I really liked the maduro and super fuerte maduro lines. I think you will like those cigars. It does pack a bit of a whallop.

Matt

I just figured out something this afternoon.

The Cameroon Legend is available in two different wrapper types; Cameroon Legend Cameroon and Cameroon Legend Maduro. The one I liked the flavor of (but it seemed to have bad draw) was the Cameroon wrapper version. The one I didn't like the taste of had the Maduro wrapper. Looking at them side by side I would have noticed it right away, but its been several weeks since I had the first.

I think the blend works with the Cameroon wrapper. Their powerful Maduro wrappers just need a different filler blend as I like their super fuerte line.

I need to go out and find another Cameroon Legend (w/Cameroon wrapper) to see if the first one I had was atypical for draw. I suspect is the case now since the second one (maduro) I had was fine draw-wise.

In the Rocky Patel signatures I like the 90's; the '92 is a too mild for me.

(another Matt) :D

Matt How is the shop coming along? Have you recovered from the nasty beetles?

On the topic of the Rocky Patels a local shop here in Dallas got ahold of unbanded, unboxed, no cello seconds of the Rocky Patel 90's. They were cheap enough that the store is selling them for $4 a stick. I am not sure if they bought Rocky out of them, but you may want to look into those and make them your Shop's "signature reserve line" (IE your personal stash :) ) Perhaps you might want to call or visit the US headquarters in Naples, FL. Of course Rocky is also always running around the country visiting cigar shops, perhaps you can talk him into visiting yours?

Matt

txmatt said:
Matt How is the shop coming along? Have you recovered from the nasty beetles?

On the topic of the Rocky Patels a local shop here in Dallas got ahold of unbanded, unboxed, no cello seconds of the Rocky Patel 90's. They were cheap enough that the store is selling them for $4 a stick. I am not sure if they bought Rocky out of them, but you may want to look into those and make them your Shop's "signature reserve line" (IE your personal stash :) ) Perhaps you might want to call or visit the US headquarters in Naples, FL. Of course Rocky is also always running around the country visiting cigar shops, perhaps you can talk him into visiting yours?

Matt
Beetles, what are those??? :D :D :D

There all gone and everything is the way I want it... The old owner didnt know anything about cigars or anything to that matter! But I am starting to get the humidor to the way I want it now, Iam just trying to push some stuff that I dont want in there and bring more in there.

About the rockey patel, I didnt hear about that. The rep was just in a few days ago to bring me more boxes, Iam selling these like crazy! Rockey patel came to my shop about four weeks ago, very nice guy and stands behind his cigars.

-Matt

the shops going very good, thanks for asking buddy... :)

Another thing funny ive seen around here is this, every shop I to around here have beetles :0
The last 3 places I went to had them, they kept there humidor at like 80! But not me, mine is set at 68 and 70rh
-matt