• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Can Cigars have no taste?

TubalCain

You know it's sad when a cigar N.U.B. like myself smokes a cigar and wonders what the hell just happened. I have been smoking RyJ Bullies, which to me are a good beginner smoke; too bad I purchased a RyJ Reserve Maduro Robusto. :angry:

I was thinking the Reserve would be a step up in the flavor arena but all I can say is that if I hadn't seen the smoke I would have swore I was just sucking on a straw. Gosh, and to think I passed up the special the guy was running on the five pack of White Owl Pineapple flavored blunts. :p

Back to the drawing board... Time to find a new cigar to try.

You know it's sad when a cigar N.U.B. like myself smokes a cigar and wonders what the hell just happened. I have been smoking RyJ Bullies, which to me are a good beginner smoke; too bad I purchased a RyJ Reserve Maduro Robusto. :angry:

I was thinking the Reserve would be a step up in the flavor arena but all I can say is that if I hadn't seen the smoke I would have swore I was just sucking on a straw. Gosh, and to think I passed up the special the guy was running on the five pack of White Owl Pineapple flavored blunts. :p

Back to the drawing board... Time to find a new cigar to try.

I've had a few aged cigars that were like that. No flavor, just smoking air. Young cigars aren't like that very often.

Smoke at least two cigars before you make your decision... Sometimes you just get an "off" cigar. I know if I had gone on my first opinion, I wouldn't be enjoying Illusiones today! :thumbs:

Derek

Did you just get the cigars in from UPS or the mail? Some smokes don't travel well at all, and will be sorta sleeping
after traveling. If that's the case, give them at least a week to wake up, and give them another whirl.

Also, consider if you are on any medications. I have had that happen to me several times with Antibiotics and other meds. Also a head cold, etc. One reason why I keep some cheap cigars in house (at least 20) for times when I can't taste well, but want to smoke.

There's lot of variables, but yes they can. I smoked some cigars that were excellent and they next time I smoked the same cigar I wonder what I was thinking. Storage conditions, age of the cigar, weather conditions, and my mood are all some of the factors that can affect taste. Don't forget that these cigars are a hand madenatural product and there will be a certain amount of variation from one cigar to the next. I'll second the comment about smoking more than one of a paticular cigar before commiting to a box. It is a real drag if you only have one of a cigar, buy a box and then find out you really don't care for it after all.

I once saw a cigar wearing a brown belt with black shoes, so yes they can have no taste from time to time.

Did you just get the cigars in from UPS or the mail? Some smokes don't travel well at all, and will be sorta sleeping after traveling. If that's the case, give them at least a week to wake up, and give them another whirl.

Very interesting information, I will file this away thank-you. To answer your question though no, I actually picked it up from a shop I just happened upon while going about my business. Can't say I would go back and be a regular, the guy behind the counter looked like Khalid Sheikh Mohammed's twin brother, bedhead and all, and was kind of a dick, kept grunting in my direction. I guess he was pissed I didn't grab a fiver of the White Owl's.

I might try another one, lot of good stuff out there to try though.