• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Can very dry cigars be saved

geldor1

Can't Re- Member
I picked up some VegaFina Spanish Coronas from CigarBid. They had 10 packs of 4 tubed cigars, which ran about 5 or 6 bucks I think.

I have let them rest for about 3 weeks. I opened the first pack to sample one and it just crumbled in my hands.

Well, 6 sticks out of the 2 packs I opened were all the same. 2 were a little firmer but I don't know if they would be smokable.

Will these come back or do I even want to waste the space?
If they can come back, how long does it take and would they even be worth the trouble to smoke them?

Thanks.

In response to the question posed by the thred, yes, especially if it's a good cigar it is worth trying to save, though in many cases enough essential oils and whatnot have evaporated that it's never going to be quite the same.

I'm pretty perplexed that Tubed cigars would do this. Theoretically the humidity inside the tubes is perfect for starage and the tubes are air tight. If you're trying to rehumidify them though I would take them out of the tubes.

If they are crumbling in your hands now they will probably not make it out of that dry state and still smoke good. If they were a bit on the dry side and were still holding together well, they could be saved with a lot of time and patience. Sounds like these may be fuel for the firepit.

Unfortunately sounds like Bonfires of the Vanity. Classier fuel than Presto logs :(

I agree with Bruddahs Matt and Benji.... :( If the cigars are that dry and brittle I think they are beyond saving.

Wade

That's what I figured.

Just gave to to a buddy ??? who thinks that Black & Milds are a decent smoke.
:0 :0

Still trying to turn him to the dark side. :p

And yes, I have given him better sticks to enjoy.
He wanted these and I figured if I was going to toss them out, he could go knock himself out.