• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cannonball Run

sonuvabum

Boobies...'cause I likes 'em
We had some fun over the weekend. Sunday, we rode up to Ada Oklahoma to see the Cannonball motorcycles stop in for a lunch break.

About 40 vintage motorcycles, all pre-1916, running coast to coast from Kitty Hawk to Santa Monica, over the period of about 2 weeks. Riders get points for all the miles they ride during the trip. If your scoot breaks down, you either fix it and get going, or you get picked up and work on it overnight. Most miles actually ridden win the run.

Cannonball-2010-14.jpg

These guys are the real deal.

Cannonball-2010-9.jpg

The sidecar bikes are mostly 30's and 40's models and are used to carry the Cannonballers if can't get running themselves.

Cannonball-2010-31.jpg

The dude starting his bike was having trouble getting started. His buds help get push started but we saw him about an hour later, after lunch, only about 2 blocks away. He wasn't a happy guy.

More Cannonball Pics

There were several lady riders and couple of lady mechanics if you can believe that.

All in all a great day.

More Info Here....

Gary

I remember helping out for the Great American Race (same idea only old cars) back in '92. Some of them guys worked all night to get ready for the next day and it was great to see how they could disassemble and fix things.

Very cool, Gary.

I can appreciate the pain of the guy who only made it two blocks. At least he could push it instead of having to wait for a flat bed. :whistling:

Very cool. Thanks for sharing. Hard to believe you can ride vintage bikes from the early 20th century cross country, even allowing for repairs. Utterly awesome.