• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO America

Bonfire Smoke

Bonfire Smoke
I bought a CAO America Sampler and received a three pack of the CAO America Bottle Rockets. These sticks are beautiful and look delicious. I really hated to light the thing it was so good looking. Wish I had not now. The Bottle Rockets are 7x50 barber pole wrappers. I clipped the end and the prelight draw was tough. I thought maybe it was something to do with the size of the stick, so I lit it up. It stayed tough. About two inches into it I noticed an area about an inch above the burn where it was swelling and cracking. I slipped my cutter down to about two inches above the burn and cut it. It was charred that far and further into the stick. I lit it again and the draw was still hard. There was nothing special about the flavor and it was just not enjoyable, so I put it down. I have two more of these and the four stick sampler. I guess I will give them some time to rest in the humi and try it again at a later date. I was just so disappointed. A stick that beautiful should not be that bad. The moral of this story is "looks are not everything."

Yeah, some people hate them, and some people like them, but I don't think I've met anyone that loved them. I bought the sampler anyway and am waiting until July 4th to smoke at least one and hand the rest out to friends if they'd like as well.

I love the CAO America. I could smoke it everyday. I have found however that the larger size such as the bottle rocket are not that great. I like the smaller sizes and they seem to have less cracking and burn issues than the larger sizes.

I got a fiver, and had serious draw issues with ther first one I smoked. 3 months resting time helped the 2nd one I tried a lot. I prefer the italia or brazilia better though