• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO Brazilia

CAO Brazilia

• Good burn?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good Flavor?

• Overall?

• Total voters

emodx

Banned
Prelight nose was musty!!! Never had the pleasure of this nose. The foot was split but I didnt care...The foot was loose...Nice cap, and the prelight draw was MUSTY and loose!!! To begin with, the cigar was one of the most consistant I have ever had! From begining to end the profile remained the same. This gar provided volumes and volmes of smoke!!! Do not over smoke this cigar... Nice and easy does it. A very cool smoke....I wish it had some pepper as the smoke really would complement it.
The burn was straight for the most part...A litle spit kept it in check, but I had to touch up w/ fire at the begining and at the end. Smoked it to 1/2 inch...Puro, send me a couple more as I can't geet any here!!!
Get it, smoke it, and enjoy it!!!

Emo, when you get a chance try the Samba (torpedo) in that line. I think that has that pepper taste you are looking for.

I like the Gol!... a tasty cigar with good strength. I agree that it was sort of one dimensional in taste but that's not a bad thing as it was full of flavor and produced tons of smoke. I also enjoyed the spice in this cigar... over a good smoke that I'd try again.

Aloha,

Wade

ps: give the new Pirhana a try... a great size with a ring gauge that's not overwhelming.

Bill and Wade...I'll have to give both a try...I didn't find the Gol all that spicey, so I am intrigued about the other 2. Thanks for the recommendation.

Emo

do you guys like the brazilian leaf? i tried the samba and some other brands with brazilian, leon jimenes maduros, etc. i just can't develop a taste it.

I really liked the GOL. A little one dimnsional, so I am going to try the others in this line. I am going to get another 5 or so before I buy a box...Just to make sure.

Emo

When I first tried the CAO Brazilias I was not too impressed. About two months later I lit up a Gol that had been sitting in my humidor and I found a marked improvement in the flavor.

hmm. they probably do improve with age, why not? it wasn't that i hate brazilian, i just wasn't overwhelmed by it initially. but bill, i have a question, what else was in your humidor with them?

They were sitting among some Mayorga maduros and some other singles. Cello was on the Brazilias.

i wonder? i don't want to drum up a debate on marrying flavors, but could it have been that rather than aging? seems like (to use opus as an example) when i put opus sticks in with other kinds, even with cello, the rest start to adopt the opus flavor and crappier sticks will start tasting better <you can taste the opus on them>. i left a perfexion no. 2 and a super belicoso in with regular ecuadorian and nicaraguan wrapped cigars and after a year and a half it seemed like when i finally smoked the opus, there wasn't much of that opus taste left in them. actually, the perfexion no. 2 still had some of the flavor, but it's substantially bigger than the super-beli. same thing happened with my PAM's only no cello even in that case.

i think i'm going to try the brazilas again. right now, i keep separate humis for isoms, and i also separate cameroon wrappers. the rest go in all together, but i think i'm going to start sorting the rest out a little more too. i'd like to put some brazilias apart by themselves and let them sit for awhile and see how they turn out.

I would say that the Opus might have mellowed some...I would discount marrying unless they were tightly packed...Unless left undisturbed for the whole time. I think most smokes, even "top shelf" that claim no aging is necessacery, get a little better with time. I attribute this to a more consistany flavor profile, a little better burn, and less boldness to mask subtle nuances...But that is my 2 cents...

Emo

By the way..if you find the Brazilians not to your likeing, I absolutely adore them! ;)

Emo, try this site.....www.cigarbid.com, great prices on those CAO's you crave! It's addictive, Bro!!!! ROTFLMAO

Leebo8-9-8 said:
Emo, try this site.....www.cigarbid.com, great prices on those CAO's you crave! It's addictive, Bro!!!! ROTFLMAO
Your evil!!!I know of cigarbid and have sworn them off....

Emo

Boxes just keep coming!!! :sign: :sign:

I have three boxes in the mail from cigar bid. whoo hoo! and they always have a CAO brazil you can bid for way below msrp