• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO Brazilia

hbooker

Cigar DJ
Today’s review is on CAO’s Brazilia GO1 5 x 56- available in three sizes: “Gol!” (5 x 56), “Amazon” (6 x 60), and “Samba” (6 ¼” x 54)

I have read numerous reviews and praises that this new line from CAO was “the Bomb” In this I mean it was a great item. So when I had a couple of these delivered to my location I had to fight myself to give them some time in the Humi to stabilize from shipping. (I always let new smokes rest about a week or so before trying them)

We where going to the pumpkin patch and the granddaughter had a accident seems she got ill quick.. So I took her and grandma home, and switched cars now driving my Herfmobile. On the way back to the Pumpkin Patch I decided this drive was the perfect time to give this great looking smoke a whirl. I stoped by the office and picked up one. The first comments I have are about the construction of this marvel.

A lustrous chocolaty brown wrapper around this 54 ring sized cigar. The size of this cigar was a just about perfect for me, I took an exceptionally long look at the wrapper it was a fine veined leaf with a cap that was just great. Solid construction a real solid and firm feel, I’m thinking great it’s so firm it may be plugged. I used a bullet cutter on it, as my pocket cutter just doesn’t fit these larger ring sizes.
The draw was perfect. The pre light aroma was a Light airy freshness kind of a sent with the “farm background smell” not too strong though. There where no hints of ammonia or any other scents. A+

Viewing the open end of the Brazilian I noticed a combination of filler / flavor tobaccos rich dark brown with a hint of lighter brown swirled around once. (It’s a habit I have developed - peeking into the roll and construction)

As I toasted this cigar I was introduced to the first hints that this review would not be easy. The smell was hard to explain but my best try is A crisp freshness yet medium sent. (It does read strange huh?)

As I initially lit up I was surprised at the smoke volume. I needed to roll down the window or I wouldn’t be able to see. A+
I was treated to a flavor combination that is rather tough to write about. A Ultra Smooth creaminess combined with a spicy flavor packaged within a dark semi sweet chocolate. Yet it still was showing that “fresh crisp taste” This was at the initial lighting stage.

About 1/2" inch into "Brazilia” Ohh my- It was splendid flavor, it offered me a spicy overtone while I enjoyed the same flavor combination I wrote above.
I noticed a combination of flavors. When I was having this cigar the Universe was in proper alignment. I found myself holding this cigar and reviewing the build while I smoked it, the wrapper looked as if it where varnished to a satin sheen. Intense is the exact word. ( I Loved it!)

The Ash was a mottled gray that hung on for about 2 inches. When I removed the ash it did not display the characteristics of the other CAO cigar ashes, this was a solid ash. The smoke stayed cool and the flavor was building toa strong spicy - peppery taste until the last 1 “ then it heated My fingers before it the smoke ever “got hot!”

Afterwards I sat and contemplated my review of the Brazilia, I decided that I needed to make sure – so today I smoked one more. I decided that The CAO Brazilia has out done many of the Cigars that I simply love.
My rating of this cigar, was not easy.
Great Cigars are so hard to come by and hold that few and far between scenario to a tee.

This Cigar is a great treat for anyone who prefers stronger smokes with more flavor than Nicotine. This cigar If I can put some away, (yeah right) would be my choice on any day.
I certainly would not hesitate to offer one of these to experienced smokers - who are my close friends. If you see any of these in your local shop, GET THEM . As if you don't I will!

Hbooker rating. of available 100 points.

95-97 = A SOLID 96