• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO Maduro

Isaac

Smoked one aftter dinner tonight. It was smooth and tasty. It packed with lots of favors. Size, shape, color are all perfect. However, draw was so tight and short ash!

:) Isaac

Isaac said:
Smoked one aftter dinner tonight. It was smooth and tasty. It packed with lots of favors. Size, shape, color are all perfect. However, draw was so tight and short ash!

:) Isaac
[snapback]285185[/snapback]​

How long was it sitting in the humi beofre you smoked it? When it comes to any CAO, I usually let it get a little age on it beforehand, as I think they smoke alot better. Especially dealing with the Criollo. Usually though, I can get half way through with the ash, right out of the box.

I don't know how much age on it because it was from a newbie trade. I let it rest for about 2 weeks.

What do you think about other CAO cigars?

I love the CAO Brazilias and the Mx2's. Not a big fan of some of the others, but those two are my constant goto smokes.

The CAO extreme is one of my favorites. I like the Brazilia a lot, the Black is ok, and I didn't really like the Gold. I haven't tried the Maduro yet.

CAO Brazilia Gol is one of my "go to" cigars. I several of the others including the CX2 and the Criollo for a milder one. The new Soprano is a pretty nice (if overpriced) cigar.

I really like the Brazilia, I bought a box a few months ago and let them rest awhile, very nice, I recommend them. Not a big fan of anything else CAO puts out though.

Brazilia Gol is also one of my "go to" cigars. The Criollo Pato is also good, for me anyway, but again, I didnt like them till six months worth of age was on them either.

Bill

Brazilia is really excellent. They are a med-full to full bodied smoke. I wouldn't necessarity call them strong in the same way a Chisel is strong, but a Brazilia Amazon was the first smoke I ever wished I hadn't had on a full stomach. They just have an excellent flavor and quality. The Anaconda is my favorite of the line, though I've been getting into the Cariocas lately, mostly due to smoking time constraints.

I don't think I've had a bad CAO yet, but my favorites are the MX2 and Brazilia. Maduro is OK, Italia and CX2 are both decent, but overpriced in my opinion. If the Italia was priced like the Brazilia, and CX2 like MX2 I may like them a bit better, but for now I'll stick with the ones I've got. being a Maddie fan, I've tried and enjoyed other CAOs, like the Extreme and Gold, but dollar for dollar, I just prefer the others. Like I said above, I haven't had a bad one yet, but my tastes just run dark, usually.

-K-

Isaac said:
It seems that everyone here likes Brazilia from CAO. Is it really strong?
[snapback]285413[/snapback]​

Well, I'll say something different. I really enjoyed the 10 pack of the CAO maduros my local b&m cut me a deal on. Let them rest for about 3 months, but they had been in their walk in for over a year...really one of the best maduro smokes for me...if the regular price wasnt just a little too high, it would be one of my go-to's. I do like the brazillias and the italias both more, but the maduro is a nice change of pace. Almost sweet sometimes...I'm not really good at describing tastes, but I know what I like....i guess that sums it up.

I've yet to have a "bad" CAO cigar. I've enjoyed every CAO I've smoked and never had an issue with burn or draw. Some are a bit over-priced IMHO, but always a nice smoke. The Criollo pampa, Maduro robusto and Italia Ciao are always on hand in my humi.

I really enjoy CAO. The maduros I have had have been tubos and smoked pretty well right out of the tube. The cameroon, blacks and brazilia are good, but I love the Criollo Conquistadors for a kick around cigar. I didn't see who mentioned it, but I have found they always smoke better and straighter with some resting time. And I agree with jstrat they can be a bit overpriced.

Grab the sampler if you are looking to try more. I think it sells for around $35.00.

nfulton

I really like the Brazilias, Italia and Anniversary Maduros. I have yet to try the Criollo, MX2 or CX2 although I have had one of each sitting in the humi for 3 months now. The Italia is one of my regular smokes. It's a tad less super powered than the Brazilia.

Back