• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO MX2

I smoked my first MX2 last night. I thought it was a good smoke and even thought on adding it to my FAV list. Then it happen; nicotine overload. I felt sick ass a dog and had to lay down and go to sleep on a Friday night. I know i am a newbie so i wanted to know has anyone else had this same problem?

Joe

Have we had it happen in general or with that cigar? Oh, I think most of us at one time or another have had more than we can handle.

Havent tried an MX2 but a Perdomo Reserve Cameroon got me tonight. I usually don't smoke to the nub but this one I did. Whoo, had to sit still as a rock for 45 minutes to get it to go away.

I haven't got sick (yet), but I've had the buzz to the point that I would not trust myself to drive. That was with a cusano paired maduro. Surprised the heck out of me.

I have had various MX2's and noticed that the belicoso is alot stronger.
Haven't gotten sick though.

Didn't get sick off the Mx2 but really didn't like it

Haven't had that 'gar yet, but had my share of a$$ kickin's in the past and present, hehe.

Is CAO not making anymore of these?
Yes they are. And as far as i know they are not to hard to find. That may be because they are known to sucker punch us lightweights :rolleyes:

when you feel like that, suck back a few spoons of honey or raw sugar, will fix you up fast.

when you feel like that, suck back a few spoons of honey or raw sugar, will fix you up fast.

Wow, seriously. I wish I would've known that before I smoked that Double Ligero. I seriously felt like I drank 20 beers, my head was swimming, the room was spinning !!! Some people may like that but I found it seriously uncomfortable !!

This is what happened to me:

"Wow. I must have overdone it last night. The Perdomo Estate Selleccion must have been a bit too strong for me and I felt very nauseous and a little shakey. I smoked it for about an hour and a half trying to get the smoke out of my nose and maybe I inhaled some smoke? I was ready to quit cigars altogether I felt so badly. With not quite a whole week into this new hobby I guess I better slow down a bit."

That was before I knew a few things. I was smoking too fast, it was my second cigar in about 2 hours with the first on an empty stomach, and I wasn't drinking anything along with it. Since then I have been sipping a sweet cold cappuccino with my cigar and it really has helped the flavor and I haven't felt nauseus again. I also have been limiting myself to about an hour in a sitting.

Wow, seriously. I wish I would've known that before I smoked that Double Ligero. I seriously felt like I drank 20 beers, my head was swimming, the room was spinning !!! Some people may like that but I found it seriously uncomfortable !!

Got to admit I like just a bit of the buzz but not like 20 beers worth.

When I first started smoking cigars about a year ago, one of the first I smoked was a Camacho while I was in San Juan one evening. I felt fine for a while then started to feel a little sick so I went to bed. Woke up the next morning and felt like I was hit by a mac truck, was about noon until I started to feel better. It had to be the cigar, I didn't drink anything that night. Anybody ever had that happen to them?

When I first started smoking cigars about a year ago, one of the first I smoked was a Camacho while I was in San Juan one evening. I felt fine for a while then started to feel a little sick so I went to bed. Woke up the next morning and felt like I was hit by a mac truck, was about noon until I started to feel better. It had to be the cigar, I didn't drink anything that night. Anybody ever had that happen to them?

Heck yea, plus your throat can be raw too if the cigar is too full bodied, as I understand nicotine is basically a poison.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine

Now don't even ask me about the 1st time I tried too chew copenhagen when I was 13, I was 3 shades of green !!

Tatuaje Regios did it to me last weekend. A couple of inches in, I could really feel it. My lips were tingling like crazy, and I was starting to feel lightheaded. I had to put it down with a couple of inches left, or I would have been in real trouble! I haven't had that happen since I was a newbie.