• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cao Odyssey

TugBoat

Reaction score
I have a couple Cao Odyssey's resting in my humidor. Has anybody ever had one? If so how was it? I've heard mixed reviews on it and want to get an idea of what I should expect before I light one up.

I found them to be very flat and without much flavor. Certainly not worth the hefty price tag.

I've had one, but it was so long ago that I barely remember smoking it. The coffin was nice, though...I still have it somewhere ;) Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but it's been quite awhile since they were released (2000-2001?), so fire one up and see what it's like!

These were a different animal back when they were new, and even then they weren't anything to great. I had an original release one a year or two ago. Even with the extra age on it, I wan't very impressed. Overpriced Perdomo in my opinion. If you have them, smokem' they probably won't get any better.

I found them to be very flat and without much flavor. Certainly not worth the hefty price tag.

Sounds like most CAOs to me. Don't burn me to the cross or anything.

Hey, could we get one of those smiling guys burning to a cross? That would be useful.

I had a full box when they came out. I wasn't impressed with them then. I aquired another one and smoked it. This time around it was much much different. I really enjoyed this one unlike the box when it came out. I just smoked it in the last couple of months. I wouldn't say they are worthy to keep onto for a long time if that helps. Just smoke them. :thumbs:

I have a few coffins left and I find them to be a good cigar. Not a great cigar but a good cigar. Especially at $15 a stick they are a little pricey. Smoke it and give us a review.

I smoked an OR Odyssey (2000-2001) yesterday and I found your statement to be IMO unfounded.

After resting over a year in a stable 65% environment the cigar was full of subtle flavors.

I am of the opinion that CAO was trying for a mild Cuban blend, on par with a La Gloria Cubana Medaille d'Or No. 4 that one needs to sit down and concentrate upon to truly enjoy.

The cigar burnt well, and I received well over 90 mins of enjoyment from it.

I'd buy another if I could.

I plan on posting a picture review of my experience later this weekend.

I smoked an OR Odyssey (2000-2001) yesterday and I found your statement to be IMO unfounded.

After resting over a year in a stable 65% environment the cigar was full of subtle flavors.

I am of the opinion that CAO was trying for a mild Cuban blend, on par with a La Gloria Cubana Medaille d'Or No. 4 that one needs to sit down and concentrate upon to truly enjoy.

I'm glad you enjoyed yours. I still think they suck. :sign: In order for my opinion to be UNFOUNDED you would have to smoke the exact same cigar I smoked. I guess that didn't happen eh.

I'm glad you enjoyed yours. I still think they suck. :sign: In order for my opinion to be UNFOUNDED you would have to smoke the exact same cigar I smoked. I guess that didn't happen eh.

Of course, it also has to do with a lot of other factors as well. What RH% were the cigars you smoked stored at? Did you have a head cold? A bad day? Thats why I wrote IMO :)

Sorry to thread jack but if it's your opinion then mine isn't UNFOUNDED. Have a nice day and welcome back from where ever you went :whistling:

IN MY OPINION your opinion is UNFOUNDED. That makes both of us right... no need to fight about it or to get upset about it. It only means I don't agree with you. Everyone's tastes are different.

And thanks for the welcome back, I did miss this place quite a bit while taking care of a very sick family member.