• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO Soprano's

kro77

Hey folks, saw these today at the store, and honestly the red box impressed me more the the smoke, but I was wondering if anyone has had some. They seem to be charging Opus prices for these things so I wanted to check and see are they any good.

Thanks all,

K

kro77 said:
Hey folks, saw these today at the store, and honestly the red box impressed me more the the smoke, but I was wondering if anyone has had some. They seem to be charging Opus prices for these things so I wanted to check and see are they any good.

Thanks all,

K
[snapback]259448[/snapback]​

Personally seems like a waste to me simply because I like the Soprano's alot and would want to collect rather than smoke these. I normally like CAO's stuff though so it's probably not a bad cigar can't tell you if it would be worth the price though.

On another note I really want that Tony Soprano humidor that I saw at cigar international, my wife would kill me though.

How about I send ya a couple? :whistling: ;)

KayakinBoy said:
[snapback]259463[/snapback]​

You're gonna send me a couple TS humidors? Sweet KB you are the shit man. :D :D :whistling:

KayakinBoy said:
[snapback]259463[/snapback]​

You're gonna send me a couple TS humidors? Sweet KB you are the shit man. :D :D :whistling:

I had one that was sent to me. Not the best CAO I've ever had and certainly not worth the asking price but for free it was pretty good. :p

kro77 said:

Thanks all,

K
[snapback]259448[/snapback]​

I haven't had any luck finding these here locally..been to three shop and no one carries them...anyone seen them for sale online in fivers?

If anyone finds an ampty box, let me know (I have a project I wanna take on :) )

I too would like the box. I guess it is supposed to look like the trunk of a cadillac (that is what they told me at the shop). Even though the box is nice, the 11 to 16 dollars per stick price seems to make the whole exercise pointless.

So basically I fell for the pretty eye candy.

ya try to be a nice guy and someone's gotta be a smart ass! :sign: :laugh:

Personally I didn't think they were all that great. big price tag, although I've read that HBO gets money from the second band on the cigar.

I would never waste my money on an over priced CAO cigar. I can buy Opus Fuente Fuente ( 5 5/8 by 46 ) for 9 bucks a stick. Hell all Cuban corona Gordas are less than 7 a stick on sale.

We can't buy any CAO's in the stores here in Canada. I sent an email to CAO to ask about this and they say they're working on the distribution rights for Canada. I haven't seen the Sopranos cigars online at all.

Zeebra, I do not think you are missing anything with CAO, and the legal availability of cubans. Box is nice, but people checking in have given these an ehh at best. I probably will break down and get one out of curiosity.

kro77 said:
Zeebra, I do not think you are missing anything with CAO, and the legal availability of cubans. Box is nice, but people checking in have given these an ehh at best. I probably will break down and get one out of curiosity.
[snapback]259778[/snapback]​

The only thing I'm missing is less expensive smokes. Cubans are legal here, but they're damn expensive. At least CAO's are more affordable, and are pretty good quality.

True the CAO's are usually much more affordable, but these puppies at my local B&M start at $11/stick and go to almost $17/stick, with your Canadian taxes i think these things would be almost as expensive as Cubans.