• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Car Enthusiasts?

Gipper76

Do we have any car enthusiasts on here? I have two cars: a Mazda Protege: She's my car that I like to modify a lot. And then my everyday car: a 2005 Acura TL A-SPEC. Anyone else enjoy cars as much as I do?

Jason

I think there's a thread around here somewhere about this but I'm too lazy to find it. :D

I've been a car nut for as long as I can remember. I've had a few big ole General Motors convertibles ('63 Impala and a two '70 Cadillac DeVilles) and a '72 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 limousine along the way and many other cars I can't even remember at this point.

About ten years ago, I got into Jaguars and I have a few of them now. I restored a 1986 XJ6 that I show in British car shows. Here's a photo:
606420021775.jpg

Click HERE to see a description. My former girlfriend had the black 1987 XJ6 on the bottom of the previous page (Virginia Raymond) but she sold it in 2005. That car is probably one of the nicest XJ6s in the country with only 50,000 miles on it and it's all original. Mine has 180,000 and I learned the hard way it's better to find one of these in good condition like she did instead of trying to fix up a basket case like I did....

The engine blew last summer in my '86 and I've been too pissed off and unmotivated to work on it so it's sitting in the garage.

My limousine looked just like this:
cad_72.jpg

I bought it in 1985 but I mostly kept it outside and it deteriorated to such a point that I got rid of it in 1999. Mine was one without the divider window (a model 23 just like the one in the photo) so it was not the "formal" or model 33. It had the jump seats to it sat eight people very comfortably. MAN did we have FUN with that car!

I love cars, but can't afford a good one. 1995 200sx SE-R w/ 122k on the odo. Next car, after college, will be either a Mini Cooper (personal favorite due to history and handling), but most likely a Colbalt SS since the girlfriend can get insane deals on GM cars.

I love cars. Mainly into Euro's but I've got love for a bit of everything. Currently own a 1998 BMW M3.

I really like having a car. I ride in it. Sometimes I roll the window down and ride in it. My car has a backseat. Sometimes somebody will sit there too. I always put gas in my car, oil too. It rains sometimes and I have to turn on the windshield wipers. I really like the windshield wipers. They go back and forth and the rain on the glass disappears each time and it is a wonderful invention. So I guess I am a car enthusiast. I really like my car.

NA

Yep. Kind of obsessed! Current ride is a 1966 Mustang GT fastback. I'd be tempted to trade it for a '56 Chevy Nomad, though! :whistling:

CC, Nice fleetwood!

I drove a '65 Coup de Ville in College, and I really miss that car.
Of course I don't miss filling it up...

I love cars. There are few things as American as car-culture, and having lived in Cali my whole life cars are in my blood.

I like cars too! I like to drive them and I used to like to work on them. Once I spent a lot of time hanging out at a garage and learning about automobile repair. I worked part-time to buy tools. Then I saved and saved until I could afford to buy my first car. It was an 8 year old FIAT 124 Spyder. It was a convertable and looked very sexy. I drove it during the week and spent Saturday and Sunday working on it.

Later I sold it.

Many cars and years have passed since then.

I drive a Ford F150 now. It's an automatic. I don't work on it very much.

I love cars. Mainly into Euro's but I've got love for a bit of everything. Currently own a 1998 BMW M3.

A buddy's step-dad of mine use to drive an M3. Can't recall the year, but it was super fast. He sold it, bought an Acura TL and an Acura MDX then got rid of the MDX about a month ago and bought a 2003 Maserati Coupe. Love it. Had the pleasure to drive it. Simply amazing.