• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Car stolen last night

Kind of a long week for you Rod. Very sorry.

Since I try to see the silver lining, at least you can look at CP and see the pages of remorse and understanding. It is good to have family.

Thank god also everyone is safe.

Sucks huh? Imagine having your wife calling you on Valentines day thinking you bought her a new car cause hers is not in the driveway and you are a 1000 miles away.

Sorry to hear that Rod. I've had the same thing happen to me in Glendale. Woke up early to get to work and did not see the car.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the make and model of the car? Seems to me that the popular target in Los Angeles are the Japanese models.

My friends with Camrys and Accords get their cars broken into or stolen much more than the owners of American or European models.

so you're not going to make it out here for ribs this weekend ???

oh well... more for me :thumbs:

seriously... that sucks. :angry:

It's a Honda Accord, one of the top stolen cars.

Went to pick it up this afternoon... Will post pictures later. I found items that he stole from other people in the trunk, he took a couple of expensive valuables, the brakes hardly work now (I guess the pursuit was pretty major), steering column is busted open, fuse box under the hood was broken open and a couple of fuses were crushed, wires under dash are hanging down. All of his tools were still in the car, along w/ a ski mask, gloves, cigarettes, can of camping fuel, his homeless girlfriends' belongings, etc... Really odd. Can't wait to get the police report next week. This guy has a RAP sheet more than an inch thick. He got out of jail on 7/7 at 3 AM and then stole the car on 7/8 at 4:30 AM. 24 year old punk. I don't understand why they keep releasing these bastards back into society. His arrest record is extensive, can't stay out of jail for more than a week.

FWIW, whenever it's an available (General Motors) option, OnStar is lots better than LoJack is for complete theft recovery. OnStar works immediately in tracking the car's precise location and movements through GPS mapping. LoJack is a signal triangulation system that only alerts nearby police equipped LoJack signal receivers with the general area of a LoJack equipped stolen car - and it is horrendously unstable when the stolen car is moving (and even much more so when it is constantly turning onto different streets). The only benefit to LoJack is that the company provides so many police departments with their tracking receivers. Even then, it is usually police helicopters who pick up the signals more often than equipped patrol cars do.

My point in this is that the faster a stolen car is located, the greater chance of it being wholly recovered without damage. OnStar works the fastest in the immediate locating department.

Sorry for your loss.

Sounds very similar to my story then. Late model Honda Accord, and even with LoJack, it took nearly a 2 weeks before the car was located. The car was eventually found in the next canyon over trashed as the kids who stole it took it for a joyride and used it to crash into things.

Good luck Rod. Hopefully your insurance company makes you guys whole.

Sorry for the loss Rod.
The sad part is, the car will never feel the same even though you are getting it back and fixed up.

It's a Honda Accord, one of the top stolen cars.

Went to pick it up this afternoon... Will post pictures later. I found items that he stole from other people in the trunk, he took a couple of expensive valuables, the brakes hardly work now (I guess the pursuit was pretty major), steering column is busted open, fuse box under the hood was broken open and a couple of fuses were crushed, wires under dash are hanging down. All of his tools were still in the car, along w/ a ski mask, gloves, cigarettes, can of camping fuel, his homeless girlfriends' belongings, etc... Really odd. Can't wait to get the police report next week. This guy has a RAP sheet more than an inch thick. He got out of jail on 7/7 at 3 AM and then stole the car on 7/8 at 4:30 AM. 24 year old punk. I don't understand why they keep releasing these bastards back into society. His arrest record is extensive, can't stay out of jail for more than a week.

Jails overcrowded, no $$$ to pay more DOC and Sheriff to run the place, no $$$ to build more jails/prisons and if there were nobody wants it built in their neighborhood. Given the complete state of chaos our state is in I am surprised that the entire system has not shut down and everyone has been released.

Really sorry to hear what happened but glad to hear that nobody was hurt. Good luck.

That sucks man.

Luckily I've never been broken into, I guess it goes hand in hand with owning a 20 year old SAAB. Like my gf's dad said, "You could probably just leave the keys on the hood."

Well im glad you recovered some stuff. With all that wrong with the car, i'd have it fix and get rid of it if I could but thats just me.

I totally forgot about two or so months ago my aunts car got stolen right out of her driveway too, but she doesn't live in the nicest area, still noone would have guessed someone would steal cars there, let alone a 2002 dodge intrepid. She got cash from the insurance company, and about 2 days after she got herself another car, the police called that they found hers. Well...they found her husk. No engine, interior trashed...no wheels..yada yada. At that point though it was the insurance companys car...not hers.

When my dad's car was stolen, they found it a month later, and the scum who stole it were riding around putting out their newports in every crevase and crack in the dash. He had to have the whole interior replaced, and even then it took forever to get rid of the lingering smell.