• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Car Woes and Thanksgiving

SamGuss

Well my 5-day mini-holiday/vacation was very good. Got to spend a lot of time with Melly (always a plus), see some friends and generally relax and have a nice time.

Coming home from Thanksgiving dinner though, the damn car broke - again. This time it was the front axel :angry: So back to no car period. Thankfully though a friend of ours who has been helping us out lately playing taxi for us loaned us her car for the weekend and now making sure we get to and from work.

A co-worker here has a car for sale and has expressed an interest in the offer I made to him for it, so now it is crossing the fingers and hoping I can take it home with me tonight. So cross your fingers guys!

Sam

P.S.

<--- will be glad when he can afford to buy 5 new cars/trucks so when one breaks down he can discard without much thought instead of this constant car-issue crap he has been going through for 4 years now!

Good luck with the car issue.

Not having a reliable set of wheels in surely the pitts.

Maybe it's time to give up on cars and just buy that Harley you've always wanted :D I've got my fingers and toes crossed for ya pal

The way I've heard, Harley's are prone to needing repair all the time too - as much as I want one, I think I will wait till I have those 4 or 5 other cars and then buy me my Fat Boy :p

Sam

SamGuss said:
The way I've heard, Harley's are prone to needing repair all the time too - as much as I want one, I think I will wait till I have those 4 or 5 other cars and then buy me my Fat Boy :p

Sam
At least when they break down thet are easier to push home :D

Fast4Dr said:
SamGuss said:

Sam
At least when they break down thet are easier to push home :D
Amen to that. I had to push our Taurus up a small incline that threw my back out (which isn't hard to do in the first place) and eventually had to grab another car to "push" it out of the way. :sign:

Sam

2 words for ya...

Public Transportation!

:sign: :sign: :sign:

Harley's are way more reliable then they used to be. They got a big reputation for repairs back in the dark days of the 70's when AMF owned the company. They're way better now. Also more expensive to own in the first place, but yea, way more reliable one.

You know you used to see guys trailering there Harley's when they went someplace because they didn't want them braking down on them on a long ride. Now you see guys trailering them all the time because they don't want to put the miles on there expensive new ride. :D

gibu said:
Harley's are way more reliable then they used to be. They got a big reputation for repairs back in the dark days of the 70's when AMF owned the company. They're way better now. Also more expensive to own in the first place, but yea, way more reliable one.

You know you used to see guys trailering there Harley's when they went someplace because they didn't want them braking down on them on a long ride. Now you see guys trailering them all the time because they don't want to put the miles on there expensive new ride. :D
Gibu is correct. Harley were horrendous as far as reliablitity went when ther were owned by AMF. Now they seem to hold up pretty well

Harley were horrendous as far as reliablitity went when ther were owned by AMF. Now they seem to hold up pretty well

LOL kinda like Jaguars. :D But after you replace every single part, they're fairly reliable.

wait till I have those 4 or 5 other cars

I hear ya Sam. I have three or four cars to chose from (well the newest one is a 1987) which is great, if one or two are broken down, I'm never without transportation :thumbs:

Hey Sam,

I spent the 2001 holidays "spot fixing" my beloved wreck...

..it would break down, i'd duct tape and super glue it back to shape, she'd run for a few days and strand me again ( in the middle of heavy holiday traffic....) , more duct tape, she'd run for 3 more days, etc.....

....Hertz loved me for those few months until I finally gave in and bought my Toyonka truck.

So i feel for ya....its a rough time of year to fund a depreciating asset!

Good luck!

:K

Harleys are like anything else, if you build it right, rebuild or maintain it, it is reliable, if you just run the hell outta them or cars, you end up with trouble.

Harleys are only as good as the mofo that owns it!

Jim

I've got all my fingers and webbed toes crossed for ya.

I hate car troubles. I've decided that if I can ever afford it I'm going to shoot my truck full of holes, load it up with explosives and push it off a cliff while video-taping the whole thing. Then I'll mail the video to the insurance company with a letter telling them I will no longer be needing their services.