• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Carlos Torano 1916

toliver

I pulled this one out of the humi last night not knowing what to expect. I bought it at a shop in Columbus, Georgia and had never heard of it (Yes, I am a nebie). I could hear some of you saying....."You have never heard of a Torano?" No, I hadn't, and I bought it in my efforts to try as many different cigars as I can.

This one, I am guessing, is about 6 inches long and has a ring guage of about 42. I took the celo off and removed the cedar wrap. The cigar seemed really firm. I don't know if that is a good thing or not, it just seemed firmer that what I have been smoking. I cut the end and fired it up.

The burn was as even as any I have seen. the ash was almost snow white and really really tight. The draw was perfect!! The taste is what I would consider a little over medium, but not close to being bold. I really liked this one. I dont remember what I paid for it, but it is one that I will be buying again.

Have any of you had one? I would love to hear your thoughts.

TOliver

I have a few of these in my humi and it's a good goto smoke. Always burns evenly, has a good draw and I enjoy the taste. I've heard good things about the Silver and Gold in the Torano line also, but I haven't tried either one of those yet.

I think these are nice smokes, as are most of the Torano's. My current fave is the Torano Signature.

The 1916 is a great smoke. Most of the Torano line is very good. The 1959 Gold is my favorite.

I currently have the 1916,silver torps,gold perfecto,signature torps,and a few Casa Torano churchills in my humidor.(I have one Tribute 03 but I can't bring myself to smoke it)They are all great smokes with distinctive flavor profiles. The 1916 is a cameroon wrapper and a delicate one at that.Since the draw on the cigar you smoked was good I will assume the firmness was due to proper humidification. If you get the chance try the other lines. The only one I have had that burned badly is the '59 golds. Tasted great though.
WRAPPERS
GOLD- Habana 2000
SILVER- Criollo
1916- Cameroon
Signature- Sungrown Brazilian Maduro
Casa Torano- Ecuadorian grown Connecticut shade

Some good smokes at a decent price in a number of his lines. Try them all!

Yup try 'em all the 1916 was one of my favorite smokes for a good long while. I have since developed a taste for bolder cigars such as the Torano 1959 Gold and Signature line. Either way this line will not dissapoint.

edited for stupidity