• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Carlos Torano 1959 Exodus

I bought six of the Carlos Torano 1959 Exodus cigars a few months ago. Last week I came upon them hidden in the Coolerdor and decided to try one. The size was a robusto. The beautiful oily maduro wrapper was really nice tobacco leaf...almost silky in its perfection. Needless to say, these cigars appeared to be well made and without any large veins or blemishes. The cigar lit easily and produced a large volume of smoke. It tasted great from the very first puff, displaying flavors of coffee and dark chocolate. I consider it to be medium bodied in strength. The ash was very white and the cigar burned perfectly, with an even black line around the wrapper, all the way to the end. The conical center of the ash showed that the cigar was rolled perfectly and was properly humidified. I smoked this cigar down as far as I could possibly go without burning my fingers. This was a great cigar, one of the best that I've had this year.

I decided to write a review because all of the 1959 Exodus cigars that I have tried have been very good in both quality and flavor...and they're readily available.

I have also noticed that a couple of non-U.S. retailers are listing this cigar in with their Cuban offerings. The cigar shop that I bought the half dozen from intimated that there was a partial blend of Cuban tobacco in these cigar, but I find that very improbable. Regardless of whether that is true or not, these cigars ARE of similar taste and quality to many of the better Cuban cigars that I have smoked. I thought to myself, at the conclusion of today's cigar, that it compared favorably with an Opus X in both quality of construction and outstanding flavor.

Needless to say, I plan to buy a few more of these. I haven't recommended many cigars lately, but these were really good. Give 'em a try.

Sam

Thanks much for the review Sam. I'll have to put this back on my list of things to try. I tried one a few months ago and didn't much care for it. Actually, it may have tasted fine, but I'll never know. It had such construction problems that I gave up after about 15 minutes. The wrapper came undone, the draw was like sucking on 3/4" rebar, and overall it was just a bad thing ™ so I abandoned it.

I sure *wanted* to like it. It was a great looking stick and smelled just wunnerful before I torched it. I'll chalk it up to just a bad apple and give them another try.

Hey Father...when you make a typing or spelling error...just go back to the original post and click on either "Edit" to correct the spelling/word error or "Delete" if you want to get rid of the whole thing altogether or any follow up posts.

Just trying to be helpful!

Glad you liked the review.

Sam :)

Oh, cool!! I didn't know you could do that. Thanks. :thumbs:

Talk about revisionist history. :D :D It's like in "1984" where the newspapers rewrote articles after they had been published.

or like........well............modern journalism! Welcome to the age of not revisionist, but presumptive history... :p

I knew it. Had one hidden away from my pass. Gonna give it a try this evening.

I have yet to have a bad Torano cigar, either made under his name or one he makes for other companies such as the CAO Brazilia line.

When my local shop first got these I grabbed some to try. Great draw and burn, nice full flavor. I will be keeping a box of these always available. It will be interesting to see how they are with about a year of age on them. :thumbs:

ToranoExodusSc.JPG

From "Cigar Insider"

Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Cigars
"The smoke is thick and heavy, with lots of spice and coffee flavors, notes of pepper and earth, good balance. Medium bodied, with toasty notes and a soft finish." Torano Exodus were rated 87-89 by Cigar Insider, and classified a best buy.

Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Cigars. Beautiful medium/full bodied
Box-Pressed into a unique tri-level Commemorative box, this great
cigar boasts a rich, dark Habano wrapper.

Size: 7 x 50, Double Corona
Wrapper: Habano 2000
Binder: Honduran
Filler: Honduran/Dominican/Nicaraguan/Mexico/Costa Rica

Exodus_cigars.jpg

Lately, this has been my "go to" cigar when I don't know what to smoke. I've never had a bad one and they are excellent with a cup of strong coffee. A flat, box pressed dark Habano wrapper that looks like a CAO in appearance. They are surprisingly inexpensive too!

Sam

I torched a Toro sized Exodus this afternoon after a long day. This was the perfect cigar to relax and enjoy a beautiful Hawaiian afternoon.

The cigar was gorgeous... dark, silky wrapper with a quadrado press... very close in appearance to a Padron Anniversary. The construction was flawless and a very good draw. On the first puff there was a nice sweetness and straight forward tobacco flavors. Some bitterness developed but disappeared after the first inch... then this cigar started getting good... some sweetness, some chocolate and tons of solid tobacco flavor kept hitting me inch after inch. This wasn't a powerhouse... it started mild and developed into a solid medium strength smoke with medium body and richness but it was very flavorful and was the perfect choice for a pre-dinner 'gar.

I'd definitely recommend this cigar to anyone!

Aloha,

Wade

Brother Emo gifted me one of those beauties at the "Land of the Confedercy Herf". I think it's time to smoke that good lookin' gar..... :thumbs:

Is everyone letting these age a bit before smoking them? I ended up with 10 from that bid place, have tried 2 so far, will second the "smoking rebar" statment above. Great looking , very nice flavor, but have to work too hard getting the smoke out to really enjoy them. Everything else in the humi is smoking fine, so not a storage problem. I really want to like these cigars but hate working so hard to smoke them. :(

Wascal

How long have you had them? I am thinking that maybe the were pretty wet when shipped. Put one in a dry box in the when you goto bed tonight and then smoke it tomorrow evening. If they smoke better :thumbs: , if not then send them to the addy in my profile and I will run a series of tests on them to detrmine the exact cause.

Emo

These are excellent cigars for the money and they remind me of PAN's!! I had one last week and liked them so much I picked up a couple more! Smoked one last night while grilling dinner, mmmmmmmm, very good on a chilly night with a glass of port. :D

Well I smoked that fine stick and hmmmmmmmmm good. Plenty of smoke and lots of flavor. I had no draw problems and the burn was even all the way down. I'll be picken more of these beauties up and I'll let you know how the next batch are. :thumbs:

These are excellent cigars for the money and they remind me of PAN's

That's it!!! The Torano Exodus really did remind me of a PAN.... the look, the feel and the taste! Ya know... this would be a great substitute for you PAN lovers and it's less than 1/2 the price!

Aloha,

Wade

You guy's are making my mouth water! I have a torp sized one that I have been sitting on.... Think I shall partake. :thumbs:

The Exodus with the Criollo wrapper hit the store this week. Silver band. Smells musty and kinda sweet. No boxpressing for these bad boys. The wrapper on mine is sparkly. Yummie in all respects to appearance. Gonna smoke it this weekend. Will letcha know how they taste. Plus the rubusto is only 5 bucks.

Emo

OK, I'm now one of the fan club members. I let the rest I had sit a bit longer,put one in my travel humi I carry on the job. After 4 days in the travel humi I torched it. Very nice smoke, easy draw. These must have been very wet when I first got them. Now there is one more on the "next buy" list. :thumbs:

Wascal

Love those 1959's!! They remind me of a much cheaper PAN!!! I can't keep any around for very long!! :D