• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Robusto

AJ_

All I can say is WOW!

I recently, okay over a month ago, bought a box of Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Robustos from Cbid for $60, that makes then $2.50/stick. I had never tried them but read a few good reviews and decided to go big with a box. I figured if I didn't like them I'd use them as filler in my frigador.

Let me tell you they’re fantastic! I tried my first one the day they arrive and it appeared to be a bit on the moist side. It started off burning a bit uneven, but like any good cigar evened itself out by mid smoke. The flavor was medium, slightly chocolaty and smooth! The construction is great with a beautiful dark wrapper that appeared to be box pressed. (not sure if they actually are) The draw as slightly stiff but I suspected that was from being too moist. I decided to store half of them at 70% RH and the other half at 65% RH.

Two days ago my buddy and I smoked one of each and let me just say....God Bless 65% RH and Climmax for making such great beads.......Oh and of course let's not forget good old Carlos for making such a fine cigar.

These are the only cigars from Carlos I've tried but tonight I will be trying one I received from ParaGod in a newbie trade. I'd disclose the type but I must respect “the code of trades" and not reveal too much info.

In summary, the Torano 1959 is an excellent smoke and I believe the one of the best for the price IMHO. Now I have found a go-to, everyday smoke that has the quality and character to satisfy my palate when I don't want to burn one of my beloved PAMs!

Brother, I couldn't have said it better. You described it exactly. So tasty and similar to (poor man's) '64. I tasted the same things you described. I'll always keep a 1/2 dozen at least in the humi now. Oh, and if the <$5.00 a stick hits you hard, then the Maria Mancini corona is a good back up to this for $3.00 a stick. Looks and smokes very similar but a hair dryer. No, not a Hair Dryer, you know what I mean. ;)

Best,
Tom

I have to agree. I picked up a five pack and am down to my last one. I'll be looking for more of these soon.

I've been hearing good things about these 'gars -- going to have to pick some up soon.

Have any of you tried the Carlos Torano Tribute cigar? Heard good things about them as well...