• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Carnival Cruise Ships Used As Shelters...

JimK said:
*We* will be the one that need to re-furbish after you and your ilk are gone. And I hope it is soon.

JK
[snapback]221697[/snapback]​

Me and my "like" huh? I make one post where not everybody agrees with me and my "like" are messing the place up.... whatever cool guy.

IgwanaRob said:
I've been watching the news for a week straight, I still don't know who the hell you're talking about. The people who were begging for the help they were promised and never got? The one's who went without food and water for 5 days because FEMA turned away relief efforts? The one's who have lost everything because their government leaders failed them? The one's who have been herded from site to site, enduring roving gangs shooting at them and raping their children? The one's who held their relatives as they died because they were refused medical attention as they sat in the rain and flood waters?

Surely you cannot be so blindly suggesting that the criminals who were shooting at innocent people and rescue workers would be housed with the general population instead of being taken out or held in custody?
[snapback]221699[/snapback]​

How about the brainiacs that were TOLD TO GET OUT but yet chose to stay?! how bout them. I know a few people that live down there and guess what?? THEY LEFT and are just fine.

Ok, this is my last post on the subject seeing how I can not speak my mind on it without "messing up Jim's home".

(edited to remove original reply - no use continuing and making things too political)

Those people down there lost everything - their homes, jobs, family member's lives - prejudiced accusations and assumptions are simply not doing asnyone any good. It's very sad that this horrible natural disaster has managed to bring out the very worst of humanity instead of showing the world how we can pull together like we did after the terrorist attacks...

I have to add my approval to using the ships. They will provide much needed shelter and food to those that need it most. I was very pleased to see that the Government stepped in with this form of support.

I think it was a great Idea. Its a good way to house a bunch of people in a quick way with the services and ammenities that they need.

TBaGZ said:
I think this is a not so good idea. I know everybody might think I am an a$$hole and maybe I am but o well. Those ships are going to be ruined because most of those people going on them are slobs to begin with and have no respect for anything and think everything should be handed to them. Now I am not saying they shouldn't be given help but I don't think it is fair to people that had crusise planned and paid for to have them cancelled because there are other people not smart enough to live ABOVE sea level.
[snapback]221664[/snapback]​

My god, this is worse than K&P's recent post! Talk about pre-judging people. You know something about these people because you saw a small amount of them on T.V. Whats going on on this forum lately?

Fyodor said:
TBaGZ said:
I think this is a not so good idea. I know everybody might think I am an a$$hole and maybe I am but o well. Those ships are going to be ruined because most of those people going on them are slobs to begin with and have no respect for anything and think everything should be handed to them. Now I am not saying they shouldn't be given help but I don't think it is fair to people that had crusise planned and paid for to have them cancelled because there are other people not smart enough to live ABOVE sea level.
[snapback]221664[/snapback]​

My god, this is worse than K&P's recent post! Talk about pre-judging people. You know something about these people because you saw a small amount of them on T.V. Whats going on on this forum lately?
[snapback]221960[/snapback]​
Must be all the bigots poking their heads out of the rocks they live under...

TBaGZ said:
JimK said:
*We* will be the one that need to re-furbish after you and your ilk are gone. And I hope it is soon.

JK
[snapback]221697[/snapback]​

Me and my "like" huh? I make one post where not everybody agrees with me and my "like" are messing the place up.... whatever cool guy.

[snapback]221854[/snapback]​

No, you and your "ilk." Look it up...smart guy.

JK

Yes, me & Cliff were supposed to go on this cruise for Thanksgiving w/ his parents but as you all know, other things have gotten in the way of that. Yes, I am disappointed that we cannot go now, but I realize they're being used for a good cause anyway. At least I get all that money back! ha. This gives Carnival a good excuse to refurbish/renovate these boats too....I just hope the people staying in the boats don't take advantage of the crew & Carnival.

Latest word is people have rejected the idea of the boats.

bigmac said:
Latest word is people have rejected the idea of the boats.
[snapback]222956[/snapback]​

Interesting...Got any links? j/w

I figured it would be a better idea to house them in boats near the Gulf then to ship them to UTAH!

Ugg

Ive been on the Ecstacy and the Sensation. They are two of my favorite ships.

They will be totally trashed after this if it happens.

Im sure the business minds at Carnival have schemed up a way to get free refurbishments for them out of this.

I admire that they are thinking outside the box though.