• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CA's Big Smoke in Las Vegas

Four Aces

Reaction score
I'm reading horrible reviews about CA's "Big Smoke" event. This would be the one that was just held in November in Las Vegas.

We had planned on attending this, but were unable to get a room. The CA event was scheduled at the same time as the Comdex convention, which is Vegas' largest annual convention. In fact some have told me that the best time NOT to visit Vegas is during the Comdex convention. Instead, we went the following week, and therefore missed the "Big Smoke".

Has anyone been to one of these events? And if so, could you comment on it. I'm interested mostly in the educational aspects, cigar discussions, etc. I guess the manners of the clientele are important also.

Regards,

4A

This event doesn't interest me because the cA forums are filled with guys who think their s#@t doesn't stink. Bunch of stuck-up snobs, IMHO.

statelandman said:
This event doesn't interest me because the cA forums are filled with guys who think their s#@t doesn't stink. Bunch of stuck-up snobs, IMHO.
Much like many ASC members of late.

As for ASC, there's a bunch of really good guys there. The problem with news groups is that it's a troll's paradise. I lurk on ASC from time to time, but I find this forum structure easier to deal with. Plus, CP'ers have a better sense of humor. :)

As for the Big Smoke. I was thinking that it would be fun to go to Vegas, smoke some good stoges, and lose all my money at the Pai Gow table. However, current employment (or lack thereof) situation makes Vegas a bad life decision. :(

It appears to me that the general concensus on CA folk is that they take themselves too seriously. Life is waaaay too short. Plus, I really don't want to base my life's worth on what I'm smoking.

Big Slim Junior said:
I was thinking that it would be fun to go to Vegas, smoke some good stoges, and lose all my money at the Pai Gow table.
It must take a week and a half to lose all your money at the Pia Gow table...That's the game I play when I don't want to lose all my money

I was not aware of the ASC forum at all.

As for the CA forum, I am an infrequent visitor/member, but have looked through some of the postings recently. Quite frankly, I did not think there was a lot of activity in their forum, nor did I find much useful info, IMHO. And if there is anything on passes/trades, I have missed it.

I think some of that "snob" stuff statelandman might be referring to is the "Cuban Crime Family" that is over there. Seems to be some type of war or censorship thing going on.

The CA postings on the Vegas "Big Smoke" were interesting since CA advertises it as their own event in their magazine. I would think a big operation like CA would take a little bit more of a "customer service" approach on a big shindig like that. If I had reviews like those with my own business, I would soon be living under a bridge.

I do like their magazine, however. I like "Smoke" magazine too. "Smoke" has a forum also, but I found it of little value in terms of information I would be looking for, or trades/passes, and so declined joining.

Regards,

4A

I've been on CA for years and find the information there to be excellent. The members there are knowledgeable (cuban board) and are idiot intolerant. It is bad form to bash other boards here at CP, please refrain from doing so.

NA

SamClemmons, you are correct. I apologize if I offended anyone. Better to not say anything at all if I can't say something nice, I guess. ???

I've been to a Vegas Big Smoke. It was a few years back. Probably one of the better Big Smokes I've been to. Couldn't coment on this year's though.

Shuji said:
statelandman said:
What does ASC refer to?
alt.smokers.cigars
I checked out this site. It seemed pretty good from an info viewpoint, like the faq on health and the cancer studies. Some of the "updates" appeared to be dated, however.

I looked at the forum, and it looks like one long thread, kinda like the "Smoke" magazine forum. Way too difficult for my simple eyes and mind to follow.

Regards,

4A

Matt R said:
I've been to a Vegas Big Smoke. It was a few years back. Probably one of the better Big Smokes I've been to. Couldn't coment on this year's though.
Anything in particular that you enjoyed that made it memorable? Or that in comparison made it better than the other Big Smokes you attended?

Regards,

FA