• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CA's Cigar Insider Membership

SiriusBlack

Always make it look easy...
I've been thinking about getting a CA Cigar Insider membership just to get a little more educated on what's going on in the industry, new products, etc. Those of you that have the paid membership, have you found it worth the cash?

Honestly, it's nothing you can't find here or on other cigar sites. As far as reviews go, I always trust the ones I read on private cigar sites more vs those in CA.

Don't take my word for it though, others may have differing opinions. My opinion/experience is that there are plenty of free sites where you can get a plethora of similar info. :)

I have it...nothing special...all info eventually floats out.

I may be wrong, but I'm assuming you are talking about Cigar Aficionado. I don't have any experience with them specifically, but I do have some experience in these type of memberships. In my experience, any time you have an entity that is rating the goods of the companies that advertise in their magazine, the reviews tend to be a little bit skewed. :whistling: From what I've found, finding individuals who have no affiliation with the product who give reviews based on the actual merits of the product rather than advertising $$$ is a much better tool to use. I can't imagine that CA's insider membership will provide you with anything you can't already recieve from here, for free.

I'm not knocking CA, because personally I've never really bought their magazine or their membership. Most of my experience comes from the golf and guitar magazines. CA may be totally different.

Just my .02 cents.