• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Casa Magna Domus Magnus Inconsistencies

MichaelB

I just bought another two boxes of the Casa Magna Domus Magnus in Optimus. I have bought several boxes before and all were very consistent in color and shape. The new boxes came from the same place and same distributor, however, when I opened both up the wrapper appeared lighter then the boxes before, and they were not as boxed pressed as they should be. I'm just curious if anyone else here has experienced this with the Domus Magnus line? The picture below shows the older one on the left and one from the new box on the right.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10328]

Can't speak specifically to Domus Magnus, but another line from Quesada (Espana) I have seen similar inconsistencies.  Very dark wrappers in one box followed by another box with much lighter wrappers.

I would guess that it's just color variations from crop to crop.

With an organic item...did you expect something else?

I've seen variations within boxes as well  - with cigar boxes in general.

Here's a good test: Mark the bands with a sharpie to differentiate them, then, blindfolded...smoke them....see which you like best.

MichaelB said:
I just bought another two boxes of the Casa Magna Domus Magnus in Optimus. I have bought several boxes before and all were very consistent in color and shape. The new boxes came from the same place and same distributor, however, when I opened both up the wrapper appeared lighter then the boxes before, and they were not as boxed pressed as they should be. I'm just curious if anyone else here has experienced this with the Domus Magnus line? The picture below shows the older one on the left and one from the new box on the right.

How does it compare when you smoke it?

broblues, I haven't smoked one yet. I don't like to smoke cigars right away if they have been shipped. I plan to smoke one later this week to test them out. I contacted SAG Imports and they got back to me right away, excellent customer service by the way. They acknowledged the color difference and said that even though some color variation is going to happen, which I am aware of, there shouldn't be as much as is shown in the picture, according to their standards. SAG Imports fixed the issue right away, and if they don't smoke well they will take care of it. So I think all is good now, I just have to give them some more time and try one out.

That's great news.  I've tried the cigar and the one I had was great.  And I'm with you on the issue of letting a newly received cigar rest a while.  I usually go a few weeks.  Whenever I light one up right away, I am generally disappointed. 

broblues said:
That's great news.  I've tried the cigar and the one I had was great.  And I'm with you on the issue of letting a newly received cigar rest a while.  I usually go a few weeks.  Whenever I light one up right away, I am generally disappointed. 
Exactly, I wanted to put these on an even playing field before I tested them otherwise I may judge them unfairly. Hopefully all will be ok.

If you don't mind me asking, my local shop can't keep them in stock and I can't find it online.

Where you guys sourcing the sticks? 

TIA

fkim119 said:
If you don't mind me asking, my local shop can't keep them in stock and I can't find it online.

Where you guys sourcing the sticks? 

TIA
I've found them at my local B&M Corona. They don't usually put them online because they sell out pretty fast. I have also found them at Bonita Smoke Shop, again not online i've had to call them. They are definitely hard to find but well worth it, in my opinion. Good luck! just keep calling and try to get a shop to order them for you, that's the best way. I thought they were a limited one time run but apparently they are just made in very small quantities, hence the reason why they are so hard to find.

My local shop has a strong Quesada connection so he should always have these in stock.  Call Just For Him in Springfield, MO (1-800-626-2971) or email the owner named Christian who is a friend of mine (christian@justforhim.com).  Tell him MU Mike sent you.  (And try his personal blend called Torcido, also made by Quesada. Good blend).

mu mike said:
My local shop has a strong Quesada connection so he should always have these in stock.  Call Just For Him in Springfield, MO (1-800-626-2971) or email the owner named Christian who is a friend of mine (christian@justforhim.com).  Tell him MU Mike sent you.  (And try his personal blend called Torcido, also made by Quesada. Good blend).
Thanks for the info! I will definitely hit them up, can't get enough of them.