• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Casa Royale

rigo

Holt's catalog arrived today and saw that Pepin has a new cigar out- Casa Royale. They're priced somewhat like the Old Henrys. Anyone try them yet?

From the Holt's site:

Jose "Pepin" Garcia is the hottest cigar maker in the world today. He has received countless accolades for producing highly touted brands such as San Cristobal and Tatuaje, and he is beginning to amass an avid fan-base among hardcore cigar smokers nationwide. Casa Royale is Pepin's newest creation. This is an outstanding cigar manufactured in Nicaragua in the TaCuba factory exclusively for Holt's. Handcrafted by a select group of master rollers, Casa Royale showcases a magnificent medley of aged Nicaraguan tobaccos. The interior blend is tremendous; however, what makes this cigar unique is its rare Nicaraguan sun-grown wrapper. This wrapper is cultivated under direct sunlight in the lush, black soil of Esteli. It's thick, oily and amber-colored, boasting phenomenal flavors and aromas. The only other cigar with a wrapper comparable is the highly limited Tatuaje Black Label. Available in 5 different sizes, Casa Royale is medium to full-bodied and delightfully delicious. When you first fire up one of these lovelies your palate is immediately bombarded with a deluge of spices. Copious amounts of smoke fill your nose and mouth with penetrating flavors ranging from habaneros to earth and cedar. On the back-end, luscious notes of leather and cashews compliment delicate hints of lemon and vanilla. The Holt's Tasting Committee is completely enamored with this new cigar. We think Casa Royale is hands down one of the finest cigars for the money in the entire cigar industry. Discover this fantastic cigar for yourself!

Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Strength: Medium to Full
Wrapper: Esteli Sungrown
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan

EDIT: The site says "Coming Soon" so it looks like they're not available yet.

Sounds tasty. I definitely enjoy the other cigars Pepin makes for Holt's (Old Henry and Connoisseur), so hopefully this one will be as good.

It's my understanding these are not out yet. I plan on picking a few up once they are released as well. Nice to hear from you again Rigo!

I'm a huge Pepin whore (The Lancero Collection was absolutely the best collection of cigars I've ever had), so I can't wait to try these. I hope they're not like the Tatuajes though - oddly enough I really don't like any of them. Weird since they were blended by Pepin.