• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CC Monte No. 2 vs Non-CC Monte No. 2

sok454

I just got a box of 15 No. 2's from isom and wondered how they compared to the Dominican Monte No. 2.   I looked on cigar.com and dominican's were like 295 for a box of 25.  Strange that they were more than the cc.  Are they better?

Your taste will vary. 

You may like them better.

Also - cost is not a factor in taste. 

Search Evil Dr Moki's Blind Taste Test

The Dominican no.2 is an ok smoke in my opinion. Does not compare to a really good CC. No.2. Just my .02. Tastes vary.

C

I'm an avid Monte fan. I own a box of pretty much every vitola available for purchase on the web, and even as my tastes change (recently been enjoying Anejo's and other various Maduro wrappers) I still pull a Monte out weekly.

I like both the cuban and the non. I like them both for very different reasons. They might as well be a different brand. Just like how Tatuaje has that signature peppery taste/smell, there's some sweet woody aroma in every Dominican monte that I really enjoy.

If I had to choose one for the rest of my life, it'd be the ISOM #2. But I like both.

Anyone tried the Monte 2. Whites from Domincan?  saw them at the shop today.

I liked, at one time, the monte white corona size cigar. Smooth as butter, nice mild flavor.

CMontoya79 said:
I liked, at one time, the monte white corona size cigar. Smooth as butter, nice mild flavor.

Someone recommended these to me at one time and for some reason they just kind of fell off my radar before trying them.  I'm going to have to grab some and give them an honest shot.  

There is a big difference once they are a few years old... The cc no 2 will be much better. That is, if they are sourced correctly.