• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cedar Spills

christ0pher

hispanohablante
I was doing some reading and came across the idea of lighting with a cedar spill.

AFAIK, that is simply the little piece of cedar that you find:
a: in boxes or
b: wrapped around cigars

is there any other way of aquiring these tiny pieces of wood?

or perhaps cedar matches?

Thanks. Chris

Yep, any Spanish cedar will do. I tear up the cedar sheets that come in many boxes of cigars in to 1/2" strips. If your stick is en cedro you've got a built in spill :)

Personally, I think a cigar is better tasting being lit this way. I've heard others complain and say no. try it and see for yourself.

I save all my cedar wraps from cigars to light up with. I really think the burning cedar puts a little flavor in the newly lit smoke.

No theory. It's just that the cedar taste from the spill taste better than the butane or sulfer matches or zippo fluid. No "other" tastes involed...just pure cigar and cedar. Just great!!! :)

-Fetter

I use the cedar from cigars and put it in my otterbox when Im not using it. Trying to get rid of that plastic smell...not sure if it will ever work but I really have no other use for the stuff. I use my torches to light.

Has anyone found a place that sells just the cedar spills online or cedar sheets like that come on the top of cigar boxes or matches?

I'd PM Claudio51, he seemed to be zeroing in on a source and will surely hook you up.

Order something from Isy, my recent delivery had some, great little "freebie" and it took away the work of hauling out my table saw to start ripping my own cedar spills.
smile.gif

Good morning,

You can find the cedar sheets as mentioned before in the boxes of cigars, cigar wrappers and in the aluminum tubes. Also you can get them if you have near you some manufactures of cigars.

I believe as others that it is ideal lighting cigars with sheets of cedar, but it's hard to be a stock for long periods, often cigar boxes do not contain the authentic Spanish cedar.

Greetings to all