• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cellophane Wrapper

dcpeters

I purchased a couple of bundles of individually cellophane wrapped cigars. I read at other places that you should only remove the ends of the cellophane when placing them in your humidor to avoid aroma mixtures and others stated to remove the whole wrap. Any suggestions? what do you do?

Thanks

Use the search feature for "cello". This is by far the most asked and answered question on all cigar forums.

The "cello on, cello off" debates is often discussed among new cigar smokers...even the cutting off of the bottom of the cellophane wrapper at the foot to 'let in moisture' to what is perceived as a impermeable plastic sleeve. But the bottom line is that the cellophane actually breathes and if the cigar are left inside of them, they will stay properly moistened and won't impart any of their flavors to the surrounding cigars in the short run. If you were aging a cigar that was bought in cellophane, I would recommend keeping them in a separate box and then left to age in your humidor.

That does NOT hold true for flavored cigars...those should always be stored separately in a plastic container or humidor away from your non-flavored cigars.

Like Kirk said, do a quick search and you will find an amazing amount of information on the subject.

I prefer cello off. The flavors marry much better and the feeling is more intense...whoops...wrong forum!

Bottom line: It just doesn't matter.

Doc

I prefer cello off. The flavors marry much better and the feeling is more intense...whoops...wrong forum!

They now have these new ultra thin cello wrappers. Its like the cello isn't even there! You can practically smoke it with the cello still on.

I like lambskin cello's...but you might still get some cigars marrying improperly...

Doc, Chiefmd.... You should share your undocumented information with your brothers here.... So we stay healthy.

I prefer to leave it on because it keeps the wrappers from getting damaged. Besides, most of the good ones don't come with cello, LOL.

I always leave the cello on, it stops the wrapper from getting damaged while I am digging through the humi looking for something to smoke.