• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Charcoal man all my life...

kona1000

Buy Bitcoin
Well the wife got me a new grill as a graduation present, a big 4 burner infrared gas grill with all the bells and whistles.

I'm not sure how I feel about it, given that it takes this thing two minutes to warm up and be ready versus the scientific calculations I go through with the Weber. Go times!! I haven't even graduated yet!!

She's the greatest, I'll get used to it, besides I still have the Weber, going to turn it into a smoker!

Congratulations on a great gift. Check out the 2 rub recipes I posted on the Quad state Herf thread. You'll be in heaven if you try them. I use a Traeger pellet grill myself. Cook outdoors almost every weekend. Be sure to post some pics of your grub.

I live having both gas and charcoal. Gives you options. Don't want to have to fire up charcoal in the evenings after work just to cook dinner. Love the smoking possibilities that come with the weber kettle. Enjoy!

I've smoked quite a few things now with my weber kettle. So it will work great as a smoker. I actually got a smoker for fathers day but it wasn't quite what I was looking for so now I have a credit at home depot until I figure it out. For the weber, be sure to have the grate you can lift on the sides, makes it much easier to add in chips if necessary. My only issue with the weber is how much charcoal to use and how to adjust the vents for longer smokes.

If anyone is interested, this past weekend ( may still be going now) home depot had a sale on 13.9 lb bags of Kingsford, 2 for $6.88. I picked up some just for the heck of it. :)

If anyone is interested, this past weekend ( may still be going now) home depot had a sale on 13.9 lb bags of Kingsford, 2 for $6.88. I picked up some just for the heck of it. :)

They had this on the 4th of july too so I grabed 20 and stocked up.

Happy bday! I mean what?

I mean I am in Dedham, wtf are you pinches doing later?

Happy bday! I mean what?

I mean I am in Dedham, wtf are you pinches doing later?

I have no ride this week i have been replacing all the brake lines in my truck and now that thats done I need to rebuild all the rear brakes! FML should be done tomorrow but coming into the holiday weekend I will be gone camping for a long weekend! Sorry bro maybe next time.
Paul

Not to hijack again, but I happened to be at lowes today. 2 20 lb bags of Kingsford for $9.88, I think it was, so stock up some more! :)

I've had that big 4 burner infrared grill for 2 years now and truth be told...it SUCKS! You don't get a good char on ANYTHING!

Bring it back NOW.....

forest-gump-running.jpg

I've smoked quite a few things now with my weber kettle. So it will work great as a smoker. I actually got a smoker for fathers day but it wasn't quite what I was looking for so now I have a credit at home depot until I figure it out. For the weber, be sure to have the grate you can lift on the sides, makes it much easier to add in chips if necessary. My only issue with the weber is how much charcoal to use and how to adjust the vents for longer smokes.

{tpc}, try 1/3 of your chimney to gauge how much charcoal to start with and buy a Taylor Digital 1470 thermometer to lay on top of the meat you're smoking. If the heats too high, remove some briquettes until you reach the temp you want. The more your vents are open, the higher the temps climb. I leave my bottom vents open and the top closed and I can stay at that temp for about 1-1.5 hours.

The Weber I do chickens and ribs, but when I want to smoke a whole brisket, 6 racks of ribs, hawaiian smoked meat, salmon, boneless short ribs, or octopus I use my Master Forge double door propane smoker. Size does matter!