• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Charlotte, NC and GD?

LarianLeQuella

Elf Wino
I am due to head up to Charlotte, N.C. for an interview with General Dynamics. Anyone live (or lived) there that can give me some honest feedback about the place? I know that my wife will be looking for the safe neighborhoods with good schools and all that, but I'd like to verify that information with independent sources.

Also, anyone here a GD employee? Would love to pick your brains.

Finally, good B&M shops there? I figure should I get a job a contest would be appropriate. :whistling:

I am due to head up to Charlotte, N.C. for an interview with General Dynamics. Anyone live (or lived) there that can give me some honest feedback about the place? I know that my wife will be looking for the safe neighborhoods with good schools and all that, but I'd like to verify that information with independent sources.

Also, anyone here a GD employee? Would love to pick your brains.

Finally, good B&M shops there? I figure should I get a job a contest would be appropriate. :whistling:

I live about 20 minutes west of Charlotte, but know that for the most part, it's a great city to live in. Granted, I can't go into specifics because I've never lived there, but even if you decide not to live inside Charlotte, there are quite a few great communities just outside. Doesn't have the fast pace of a lot of the major cities either. Very easy to navigate because evrything is fairly centrally located. Tinderbox at SouthPark mall is probably the best B&M in Charlotte.

Well, I'll tell you this, my wife and I are looking to move there because of the pace of life, the cost of living, and the beauty of the city. There are a few tinderboxes, and another cigar store by the southpark mall.

Thanks for the info. Cost of living is one of the big factors in deciding to take the hit on the property here in FL. Short term loss with long term gain.

I've worked together with General Dynamics on all kinds of tactical comm. gear in both Iraq and here in SoCal. I considered staying in Iraq working for them after my last contract, but I stuck with what I really wanted to do.

Steve, when I stationed at Pope I made my way over to Charlotte several times. It's a very nice city with a lot to do. There are lots of suburbs with a bunch of housing options, and I think it will be a little cheaper than where you are now in Florida.

South Park Mall's Tinderbox is one of the best B&Ms I've ever seen... but then again Harbor Cigars is right up there on the list too.