• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Chateau Fuente burn problems

Jeffro600

Ya know, i really like the Chateau series...their all really good in their own way. But ive now smoked 6+ maduros and a 5 pack of sungrowns over the last 3 months and ALL of them have had burn problems. The naturals are the only ones ive had that burn worth a darn. I just cant for the life of me get them to burn evenly without having to almost constantly touch them up with my lighter. Ive tried rotating them while smoking, several different RH levels from 60 up to 70% and indoors and outdoors but they still just wont burn evenly. Anyone else have this problem? Its rare that i get an uneven burn except while smoking these... ???

Jeffro600, I've been smoking chateau fuente maduros recently and
the burn has been perfect, maybe just that particular box? I also
have a box of double chateau fuente SG and burn is perfecto. Even with
the uneven burn your experiencing, it is still a tasty little stick, huh? :thumbs:

there are way too many different factors that can lead to why a cigar doesn't burn right..this might sound crazy...but if you are like me and do not set your cigar down until it is finished..rotate it in your hand...or if you put your smoke down..do not always put it down on the same side..these for me at least can sometimes lead to a bad burn..give it a shot...

Matty_Vegas said:
there are way too many different factors that can lead to why a cigar doesn't burn right..this might sound crazy...but if you are like me and do not set your cigar down until it is finished..rotate it in your hand...or if you put your smoke down..do not always put it down on the same side..these for me at least can sometimes lead to a bad burn..give it a shot...
[snapback]238813[/snapback]​

I personally think an ashtray is just that...a place for your ashes, not a cigar! :laugh: On that note though, i almost always have them in my hand, but do rotate them a little bit as im smoking them. I just find it weird that only these two particular cigars are pretty much the ONLY cigars i have this problem with.

As for the theory about them being maybe a bad box....well, the maduros all came from a different source except for two of them, so unless im seriously unlucky, im kinda doubting that as the problem. The sun-growns were a 5 pack so i will try some more before i pass any judgement on those. Funny thing is, the double Chateau's dont give me any problems at all. But despite the burn issues, they are still fantastic!

Jeff,

It's funny you say that as I just got done smoking one myself for the first time, and I had a burn problem as well..I keep my humi at a little higher humidity than most like 70%, but none of my other smokes have this problem, so I can't blame it on that. I guess we just got ones from a bad batch.. :blush:

Jeffro600 said:
Ya know, i really like the Chateau series...their all really good in their own way. But ive now smoked 6+ maduros and a 5 pack of sungrowns over the last 3 months and ALL of them have had burn problems. The naturals are the only ones ive had that burn worth a darn. I just cant for the life of me get them to burn evenly without having to almost constantly touch them up with my lighter. Ive tried rotating them while smoking, several different RH levels from 60 up to 70% and indoors and outdoors but they still just wont burn evenly. Anyone else have this problem? Its rare that i get an uneven burn except while smoking these... ???
[snapback]238802[/snapback]​

I've only smoked a few, but the cuban belicoso was the only one I had to touch up while I was burning it. Was still quite and awesome smoke. Never had that problem with the double chat though.

I won't touch the sungrowns for 6 months. they just taste "young". The maduro are awesome also! :thumbs:

No idea why the issue. Take pics on the next time they burn funny.

It sounds like the cigars are wet. Try dropping your humidity to 60-62 for a few months then try them again.

Concur with the Master. Most burn issues will be solved by lowering the humidity. You should give the cigars a minimum of 8 to 12 weeks at the lower humidity.... longer is even better.

You will always be at risk for burn issues with cigars that have not rested for a few months no matter what humidity level you store them at. Rest assure that you will have less burn issues below 65%.

Nearly all of the CF/SG's I've smoked (close to 2 boxes worth so far ;) ) have slight burn issues at the beginning and the end of the smoke. Just make sure you keep the slower burning side on the bottom and it will eventually correct itself.