• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Che Robusto

stepthirteen

Either get busy living, or get busy dying
Today I decided to break out something special, a 2004 Che Robusto. Every time I open my humidor this gorgeous band looks up at me with a seductive grin, so I was tired of resisting and smoked it.

Che1.jpg

As stated above the band is very attractive and makes the cigar all the more enticing to the eye. The wrapper was oily in appearance and touch. The smell was subtle and pleasant. One vein was present on the cigar, but overall the appearance was enticing. Score using the 1-10= 9.

The cigar clipped nicely, though I think it may be time to sharpen my cutter as it took a little more pressure than usual to make the cut. I do not think this was due to cigar construction. Pre-light draw was clear and flowing. As I flamed the cigar it burned nicely and provided lots of smoke consistent with prelight draw. Score using the 1-10= 9.

Initially the flavors are hard for me to identify, but I quickly realize a floral/coffee mixture. I was in for a treat as the flavors quickly developed in complexity and strength. I continue to evaluate and notice a tinge of licorice about half way through, but I must say this disappeared quickly and moved back to a more refined coffee flavor about 2/3 of the way through the cigar. I was not able to identify the final flavor I noticed and I believe this is due to my continue cigarette smoking affecting my palette. Score using the 1-10= 9.5.

Overall this cigar provided me with a very pleasant smoking experience. If I was to define this cigar with one word it would be exotic. The flavor shifts reminded me of my trip to Costa Rica and the many exotic experiences. This cigar provided me with several exotic flavors, some of which I was unable to identify easily. Similar to the exotic experiences in Costa Rica if you get my drift. Overall Score using the 1-10= 9.25.

Che3.jpg

Thanks Jim,

I have always wondered about those Che sticks in my figuring I will never get to smoke one :laugh:

Jim, I have no idea what the origins of a Che cigar are from other than something to do with Cohiba but the cigar sounds like a one of a kind smoke.

As for the word exotic used many times in your review, maybe if you had some Costa Rican girl names associated with it I may be able to visualize it.
laugh.gif
You know, like the first third reminded me of Adriana and the last third blew me away like Daniela
sign.gif

Thanks for profiling a mythical cigar!