• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cheap FridgeADor

txmatt

El Cheapo smoker
If you have been thinking about switching from a Coolerdor to a Fridgeador this might be the cheapest way to do so. I was at 2 different Targets tonight picking up 75% off Jansport backpacks (the ones with the nice Hex Jelly shoulder pads), and saw these Dorm Fridge Setups for 50% off at both locations. $45 for the dorm fridge along with a small crappy coffee maker, iron, and toaster. Each of the 2 stores I went to had at least a dozen of them, so it is possible they will hit 75% off ($22.50) next week if you want to wait and gamble.

Here is a link to a picture of the fridge. I looked inside one, the compressor does use up about 1/4 of the interior, however I bet you could fit 6-12 boxes in there depending on your size preference.

http://www.saleshound.com/saleshound/listi...tailerID=-99880

Matt

Great deal!, I'll have to look at utilizing something like that next summer. Don't know why, but dorm fridges have always been a fav of mine.

Is it me or did you at one time have a Nader/Camejo signature?

Yeah, I was doing the Nader sig as a joke though. The whole "campaign for Nader" was a jovial effort to take votes away from the Johns.

Matt

Bumping this up..

Athough my local target still has these at $45, several people on FW report finding them for $22.50. If you are at target it would definitely be looking into.

Matt

SFG75 said:
Is it me or did you at one time have a Nader/Camejo signature?
He's just like George, can't make up his own mind and flip-flops more often than not.

Ohhh, I'm gonna hit oil if I dig any harder. :p :p :p

so here's a newbie question.....

Do you plug it in or not? I've heard and read both ways:

1. 65-70% RH at lower temps is not enough moisture to keep the oils in tact because the air does not have the capacity at those temps

2. RH by definition is relative to the temp so as long as it is 65%-70% you're ok. Gotta be below 75f to keep beetles from hatchin...... ???

I have read of people modifiying the thermostat in fridgeadors do higher temps. An easier method I read about was to plug it into a light timer so that it only has power part of the day.

Matt

half full monty said:
1. 65-70% RH at lower temps is not enough moisture to keep the oils in tact because the air does not have the capacity at those temps

2. RH by definition is relative to the temp so as long as it is 65%-70% you're ok. Gotta be below 75f to keep beetles from hatchin...... ???
It is no. 1 that you want to pay attention to. Relative humidity is dependant on temperature. At lower temps, the actual humidity represented by the RH is just too little moisture in the air to keep the cigar humidified.

txmatt said:
I have read of people modifiying the thermostat in fridgeadors do higher temps. An easier method I read about was to plug it into a light timer so that it only has power part of the day.

Matt
External thermostst is the way to go. A timer will let the firdge go through larger temperature swings. Which probably wouldn't be good for the cigars.
Emo