• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CHENMAN! - Revisited

thechenman

No One of Consequence
Before I get down to the business at hand, I would just like to offer my gratitude to Rod (admin) for allowing me to open up this new thread, especially after he had already locked the original CHENMAN! thread earlier today. now...let's get back to business...

Wow…a post about me…never thought I would live to see the day!

But seriously, Ladies (I know there are some of you out there) and Gentlemen, I never intended for, nor anticipated that my actions would create such a stir. I’ve been whiling away the working hours over the past several weeks as August, per the norm, has been slow on the trading desk (oh, who are we kidding here, the whole damn summer has been pretty slow). My intentions were not to do any harm, but rather to fight my boredom during this lull in business, and to use the time to enhance my knowledge about our shared passion (in this case cigars), while posting my thoughts (as I can be rather opinionated on certain matters – don’t even get me started here). Apparently, it would seem that I got carried away.

I’d like to take this opportunity to address all of you who have posted on this thread and those of you who have taken issue with my actions, but haven’t posted your $0.02, and express my apologies if I have in any way offended you, or your sensibilities, as it pertains to CP and my “excessive” posting. I don’t wish to turn this into one of the many “He Said/She Said” threads that I have seen many of these posts come down to. Therefore, I will not offer up any excuses or justifications for my actions. Suffice it to say, there are those of you who have taken issue with my actions, and to those aggrieved parties I would like to say that I am sorry for the aggravation that I have caused you. Hopefully, each of you will be willing to accept my apology, and we can move forward from this point. Please note that I have taken the time to read each and every post on this thread as well as the kind PM sent to me this past Friday, and the message you have sent has been received and understood. Many of you have addressed specific issues that you have taken me to task on. If you are so inclined, please PM me and I will be happy to address these issues with you; however, I don’t feel that this post is the proper forum for that.

While we all have our own reasons or purpose for being on CP, I understand that this is ultimately a community of disparate individuals who share a common interest. It is hard enough in life to get along with the people we all deal with on a day to day basis – I don’t wish to add to that in a place where many of us go for a small bit of a respite from the “real world” to indulge in our passion. With that, I would like to say thank you to everyone who has been kind enough to offer me support in this thread or via PM. While I truly do appreciate your words of support and kindness, I don’t like putting all of you in the position of having to suffer criticism, or of having to defend your own comments through your support of me and my actions. While everyone is entitled to speak their mind, I don’t wish for my behavior to create any disharmony for any of you among our fellow BOTLs here on CP. At the same time, I don’t wish to be presumptuous…so, if you are speaking out of your own volition and expressing your own opinions, without my situation having any bearing on the issue, please don’t let me get in your way.

I’m sorry about my verbosity here, but let me just close by saying that I enjoy CP and am a big proponent of its purpose for being (as I am of FOH, as some of you were kind enough to point out in this thread). I consider the time I have spent here to be well spent. This site is truly a great repository of information on cigars and cigar culture, and I for one have been lucky enough to be able to benefit from it. I hope to be able to continue in my effort to give back some measure of what I have gleaned from the BOTLs that are far more knowledgeable than I. That said, I look forward to continuing to post my thoughts and reviews to CP, albeit in a much more reserved fashion, at least until I get banned. Thank you all for taking the time to read this post.

Glad to see you here, Dave. Looking forward to smoking with you next time I'm NYC.

Don't stress overmuch. You didn't abuse anyone, or ask about glass top Cohibas (that I remember)... so no harm really.

Looking forward to sharing a smoke in Westchester County some time soon.

John

It's great to see you didn't take things personally. I think you've handled it all very professionally.

As someone who complained about your posting habits, I apologize and didn't mean to drive you off of CP. I've read many of your posts and can say that they were all friendly and in the spirit of being a part of the community. But, I equate this to something told to me about writing: if it doesn't need to be written, don't write it. I certainly can't fault you for enjoying a post here and expressing that, nor would I want to. But, as with anything, we're all individuals with our own sensibilities and what irks someone else might not be noticed by another.

When I first signed up here, I posted many welcomes in the intro forum in a somewhat vieled attempt to rack up some posts. While saying hi to a newb is great, I wondered to myself, "What am I adding to CP by doing this?" After a while I stopped when I considered that as a newb here, who was I to welcome another newb to someone else's house?

At any rate, I didn't mean to offend you Chenman and I hope you stay here and post at CP.

No hard feelings. I am glad to see you understood it was excessive, and look forward to see you spending more time here and reading the great forum we have.

Yeah, Ray tongue-lashed me in my first month at CP, and I was only averaging 15 a day. 50 on the other hand, you need to slow the heck down...

I was bored and working overnights, and I put in my two cents in alot of threads. Was it right? Not really. Did I need to shut up? Yes.

*Note Ray, I said AVERAGE. :angry:

50 on the other hand, you need to slow the heck down...

Look past the numbers and at the content. 50 useful, relevant posts a day is just that... Slow down if you want, but if you got something useful to say, say it. :)

-John

Ok I've reached a computer so now I can actually type a sentence. Chenman, I apologize for the unnecessary thread. It had been multiple times where you came along and bumped everything so it made it a pain in the ass to click the "Read New Posts" and only see review threads come up. So I got a little frustrated and went a little over the top. So for that I am sorry. Like I said, look forward to seeing you stick around here.

Ok I've reached a computer so now I can actually type a sentence. Chenman, I apologize for the unnecessary thread. It had been multiple times where you came along and bumped everything so it made it a pain in the ass to click the "Read New Posts" and only see review threads come up. So I got a little frustrated and went a little over the top. So for that I am sorry. Like I said, look forward to seeing you stick around here.

Ooohhh... I gotta agree with Ben - that IS a pain in the tail end. Nothing I hate worse than coming to CP and finding there are ten pages of "New Posts" - and clicking on 3/4 of them yields someone bumping a thread that hasn't been active for 6 weeks only to add, "Thanks for the post!"
mad.gif

Seriously, Chenman - you seem like a very nice guy - but, could you please keep the dust on the old threads? I kinda like the patina it creates.
thumbs-up.gif