• Hi Guest! DON'T FORGET TO MAIL YOUR SECRET SANTA PACKAGE BY 12/15/19.

Chicken Alice's fried chicken

oke&coke

Shut up baby I know it!
image.jpeg
I made this recipe I got a hold of a few weeks ago and it was quite good. This recipe comes from a popular restaurant called Chicken Alice that closed up shop in 1995. The first time I made it the only changes I made were using cut up chicken thighs and a different brand of Kim chee sauce though I have located the brand noted. I'm making it again tonight but this time I cut down the salt to 1 tbsp and added 2 tbsp sugar at my wife's insistence and added a few more garlic cloves. I will post up on how it comes out.

oke&coke

Shut up baby I know it!
It seems to be very open to variation. Just got done eating it and came out very well though I would add a little more salt, maybe 1-1/2tbsp. The other thing I should note is that because I made such a big batch I didn't cook them all one time but over several days with the chicken in the batter the whole time. It did seem to taste better the next day.

oke&coke

Shut up baby I know it!
Made this again tonight but this time I had the brand of Kim chee sauce the recipe calls for. This time it had a lot more flavor and spice going on. Tastes way better this time around.

oke&coke

Shut up baby I know it!
There's a big one right at the top you wingless bat. But I will get one of the fried chicken when I do some more today.