• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Christmas Ham ideas

ELittle

Snowman Cage Inventor
Anyone here do anything fancy for Xmas with a whole or half ham? Glazes, rubs, marinades, special things? Ive only cooked 2 hams before, and Im just curious as to what other people do for their holiday ham. :D

Anyone here do anything fancy for Xmas with a whole or half ham? Glazes, rubs, marinades, special things? Ive only cooked 2 hams before, and Im just curious as to what other people do for their holiday ham. :D

I believe Rod said something about Honey Baked Ham!

For our holiday we cross cut the ham and put cloves in it...then pour a little ginger ale over the top and baste with more ginger ale through-out.

I hear Honey Baked makes a great Ham! Probably best to go on Christmas Eve, so you can fully enjoy all of the yultide cheer with the fellow patrons. ;)

What ever you do do not over cook it. People often make the mistake and then it's too dry.
The ham is allready cooked all you need to do is warm it.
Grateful has it nailed. I will put some pineapple rings and cherries on there as well for presentation.

Don't forget to save the bone and make bean soup with it

Yeah, thanks Rod. Ill make sure to go christmas eve. Im thinking as long as im there like 1 hour before they close i should be good to go. :D

Another vote for Honey Baked Ham. They are very good and it takes all the trouble out of it.

I'll get a picnic ham, pop it in a large/deep pan, smother it with brown sugar, pour about an inch of water in the pan, and bake 'til done. That's it. I'll take the drippings from the bottom, put in a saucepan, add some milk and flour and make ham gravy for the taters. :)