• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CI Weekly Special

Yeah, I saw this special earlier and have been tempted as well, as I am with any cigar that Don Pepin is involved. However, I know nothing of these smokes. I guess it couldn't be that much of a loss at 30 bucks, but for now, I still haven't pulled the trigger.

This is the only CI special I've ever pulled the trigger on. I've never smoked a Padilla and I figure the price is right.

theorangeman, I'd be happy to throw a few your way to try if you're interested. :)

I damn near pulled the trigger on this one myself. Let us know how these are, smallg, after you've tried one or two.

This is the only CI special I've ever pulled the trigger on. I've never smoked a Padilla and I figure the price is right.

theorangeman, I'd be happy to throw a few your way to try if you're interested. :)
I appreciate the offer, smallg. Hopefully Padilla and Don Pepin won't let us down on these - great buy if they're any good (which I would think they would be coming from these guys).

I'm surprised DP used the same type Limited Edition band/lettering as the Cubans.

I damn near pulled the trigger on this one myself. Let us know how these are, smallg, after you've tried one or two.

By the looks of things a few us will be able to share our thoughts on these sticks. I'm looking forward to revisiting this thread soon.

Jabba, I have to admit the bands caught my eye. Maybe DP put politics aside and went with what works. What can I say, I'm a sucker for the LE embossing. ;)

Anyone try one of these yet? The deal is still active and I'm still wavering.

Mine arrived yesterday and I have to say I am not to happy with the packing job CI did with these. They tossed 2 x 6 cigar mazos (cello wrapped) into a medium size cardboard box with a small amount of paper, a catalog, and an invoice. Some are slightly cracked at the foot as well as near the band.

I can only imagine the "midflight shifting" these guys experienced on their journey. :angry:

theorangeman - grenade incoming. ;)

smallg - sorry to hear about the damage that CI inflicted. I hope they didn't cause any casualties. If it's worth it to you, my dealings with their customer service has only been positive and I'm sure they would replace the damaged sticks if you want. Regarding the grenade - very nice, thanks! :)

sorry to hear that as well, I have ordered from CI about 10 times and with 0 problems so if it was your first experience dont be discouraged ;)

Mine came in good shape.Pretty dry though,Two Mazo's ,one wrapper a little darker than the other.Tried one of each .First one lit, half inch rip in the wrapper at the foot right away,but that was it.Tasted like a Corojo all right, tangy,and burned fine.One today the lighter wrapper.Clipped it and the wrapper at the head fell away showing the binder.Same good taste reminded me of a slightly mellower Gran Habano#5.Would I buy more? no Gran Habano #5 yes. Later Dave

Received my order yesterday. I pulled one out to smoke and put the others away for a few weeks.

The one I torched tasted VERY nice -- creamy and smooth with medium flavor. Lot of smoke as well. The wrapper on the stick is one of the most delicate I've seen, though. The fact that the stick had no rest did not help, I'm sure, but the wrapper seems to crack with anything less than a light grip. Hopefully, this will improve after some time to rest.

Overall, this cigar left a good first impression. I can't wait to smoke another in a few weeks.