• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Auctions?

mcavoyd

Can you guys give me some direction on cigar auctions. As far as addresses for these sites. Thanks

I would stay away from Cigar Bid; the price are too good. I started off buying a couple 5'ers and ended up spending over $1,000 in less than 3 months. Good thing I got a raise a couple months ago...

Whatever you do be careful. You can certainly get some smoking deals on Cbid but it is also easy to catch the auction fever and keep bidding simply to win. I have seem many people pay over retail because of the spirit of competition.

I agree whole heartedly with others concerning cigarbid. My first visit there yielded about $300 worth of cigars, when I only intended on spending $50 or so. What was my mistake was that I put in many bids that I didn't think I was going to get, and I ended up getting many of them. I'm getting better with cigarbid, but man, it REALLY can be addicting. Sometimes I just find myself bidding on cigars that I normally wouldn't buy, because of a perceived good deal. Thanks to cigarbid, my humi is now at max capacity. My first few purchases weren't so good, but my last several have been quite good. Just be careful, seriously!

agree c-bid is addicting, but have won cigars that i never thought of buying, 5-packs that is. ymmv! :D

Don't worry. The addiction will eventually stop. It only took filling up a 3000 ct humidor, a 1200 ct humidor and 3 huge ass coolers in my guest shower to stop. Oh ya, and the 3 100 ct desktops and the 600 ct display humidor. It WILL eventually stop!
36_11_61.gif

atuck said:
Don't worry. The addiction will eventually stop. It only took filling up a 3000 ct humidor, a 1200 ct humidor and 3 huge ass coolers in my guest shower to stop. Oh ya, and the 3 100 ct desktops and the 600 ct display humidor. It WILL eventually stop!
36_11_61.gif

[snapback]226848[/snapback]​
too funny :p !

Atuck is a true cbid horror story.

Here is Atuck now. lol

farley-1.jpg

Inthacup said:

Here is Atuck now. lol

farley-1.jpg

[snapback]226857[/snapback]​
i live in a van down by the river, as he falls on the glass table! :p

I've had some good deals from cigarbid. So far I've only bid on the lower-priced merchandise but I've been pleased with everything I've receieved
  • Check prices on CI, JRs, etc and decide what you want to pay ahead of time.
  • Use the autobid feature.
  • Don't bid real-time. There's no need if you use autobid and it's too easy to get carried away in the heat of the moment and end up paying too much.
  • If you bid in a lot of auctions, you can choose to have all your wins for the previous seven days shipped on the Thursday. This can save you some cash on the shipping. Otherwise, all your wins for a given day will be grouped together for shipping. This options means you'll get your sticks faster.
Best of luck!

Do your homework before bidding and you can pick up some deals.

Check CI/JRs to see what the item normally sells for and put your bid at 80% of retail. If you don't win that auction, another one will be along shortly.

Set your shipping to weekly to save some money.

And remember...

QUANTITY IS NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR QUALITY. :whistling:

That $10 bundle of smokes might look like a bargain. :sign:

sack said:
Inthacup said:

Here is Atuck now. lol

farley-1.jpg

[snapback]226857[/snapback]​
i live in a van down by the river, as he falls on the glass table! :p
[snapback]226861[/snapback]​

36_11_221.gif
36_11_61.gif

As stated above, you really need to know what cigars go for. I personally have never bought cigars from an auction site. I look for specials from a bunch of different sites and buy what I want.

I used to buy pipes on Ebay, it can be seriously addicting. Be careful, if you are like most of us ( OCD= Obsessive compulsive disorder) then you could get hooked very quickly.

The best advice I remember reading about auctions is:

Pick the amount that you are willing to pay where if you win you will be happy about it ("Hey, I gotta good deal! Lookit what I got...na, na, na-na, na"). Pick the amount so that if you are outbid, you are happy to not have to pay that much ("Man, I'm happy I'm not writing that check! Ouch!").

Use autobid, watch the auctions and let the stuff go if you get outbid. Patience gets the good deals. Let other people overpay. Slow-n-steady wins this race.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Joe

And start SLOW!! What never entered my mind during my first $300 cigar shopping spree at cigarbid was that this site isn't going anywhere, and neither are the smokes! As someone already mentioned, remember to keep in mind, that if you don't win an auction, don't sweat it. A day or two later, another one will start. If you don't win that one, another one will start after it. Just be patient!!! After spending about $700, I've finally learned that lesson. If you use cigarbid in a way in which you're not in a hurry to get the smokes, then you will benefit the most.

Good lord, I was just surfing the web and found myself back at cigarbid checking some stuff out. Then I remembered, my humi is full!!! It's like cocaine, the site just pulls you in before you realize what you're doing you've spent a big chunk of change. However, this time I quickly pointed my broswer somewhere else (such as Cigar Pass) where it's safe. Just kiddin! But seriously, you may just want to stay away from the site except for when you really want to buy some sticks because once you're there, it's hard not to put in a bid!