• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar-bid

My name is BenjieV and I am a cigarbidaholic annonymous member.

I joined CBA to break myself of the quikie buying habit that I fell into..... it started very innocently 1 sample pack then before I knew it was 2 boxes 3 quickies and oh the merchandise XiCutters hummies hats it was ...........aaagghh terrible. LMAO

Be very careful ;)

BenjieV :D

Same here Sal, be very carefull. It was the same story here. I started off with a weekly bill of $25 to $30 and then the next thing I know, I'm up too $150 a week. :0
I've been limiting myself to one or two items a week again which is fine now.... :p

Just like crack! It starts off innocent and then you get in over your head. I have yet to take the bidding plung. I know when I do, I will drown. :)

I think I'll go see what deals they have right now. :sign:

I discovered it 3 weeks ago and already I have spent $150 there. Of course, my rationalization for it is that I have two new humies that I need to stock up. Also that I just have to try all these brands that I otherwise wouldn't ever buy. How bad can they be for $5 to $8 for a 5-pack? (I'm about to find out when my next two shipments arrive!!)
So far, quality and service have been fine-no complaints.

Cigar Bid is the DEVIL! ! !

Truthfully, it is a great place to go and spend all your money. Even now I am waiting on a shipment of fine cigars to be delivered tomorrow. What to do? What to do? ? ?

HAPPY BIDS. . . I mean HAPPY SMOKES! ! !

GB

I,ve gotton some great deals, although I don't know why some people start the first bid at $50.00, when the opening bid is $1.00....Plus how some people bid more then what you can buy from there catalog.....I remember the Indian Bobbel Head bidding going up to $19.00, when in the catalog, it listed at $14.00. (Or free with a $100.00 min order....) But it's is also great for the five-pack samplers to test out. Sometimes I buy a whole box of Gars before I've even tryed one first.....I've been luckly, I loved them all.......Ashton Cabinet #3, AVO #5, La Aruma de Cuba, Macanudos and just recently, CAO's.........

I guess I'll have to check out this cigarbid site. I like the idea of 5 packs when you want to try something new. Is it the same basic idea as ebay?

Kind of like e-bay, but most of the time the bids close in 3 to 7 days. And have anywhere from 1 to 10 up for bid. Just make sure you bid low and you can use the auto bid set-up to put your maxium bid you want to spend, that way you don't need to check the progress that often to see if your outbidded, and if it bids over your max you put in, then you can try next time. Also, what I have done, is if I lost a bid at closing, I will do a search for the same product in a couple of days and it offered again.... Have you checked out http://www.cigarsinternational.com? It's run by the same people and you can get great deals there, 5-packs, boxes and other cigar related stuff. Nice people and great customer service too.

I look every now and then, but I find that they usually aren't having deals on what I want to buy. I feel for the dollar, my money is better spent scouring CP, HP, CW, CD, etc for deals to be had by a fellow brother selling of his stock. For instance, when I am in the mood for trying different sticks, I go to HP. The trading section has great deals to be had for buying someone something they want. It is easy to keep your per stick average under $2 and get an asst of sticks that range from superpremium to yard gars. On CD and CW you tend to find super preemies and Habana's for sale.

Emo

CigarPass CigarWeekly HerfersParadise CigarDivan .... There are a few others out there like Cigar Family and International Cigar Group and a few others I can't remember right now.

Emo

Wow...al of those great deals out there!

I have ordered from Thompson Cigars in the past. They have good deals and good service too. Right now they have an awsome deal on Victor Sinclair if you like them.

Hey Gator, you gotta try JR's (jrcigars.com) if you haven't already. Thompsons is good for humidors and some deals on cigars but JR's has better prices and killer weekly specials.

I would definatly leave cigarbid alone if I were you. I can't emphasize that enough. Absolutly no good can come from bidding against me. :D

I checked out the JR site, but Cigars International and Superior Cigars have better prices..........and Superior Cigars offer more Primos........AVO, CAO, Ashtons Cabinets............And next day shipping for $12.00, so your gars arn't sitting in a truck or warehouse for 5 days drying out............

SALLEN said:
I checked out the JR site, but Cigars International and Superior Cigars have better prices..........
Huh?!?!

Examples please. I don't think I have ever seen anything higher at JR's that anywhere else.

Most of the premiums aren't listed online. You have to call them to get those.