• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar bid

NiteSeer

Speaking of Cigar bid, if you have not checked out ths site, you should. I got a terrific deal on a terrific humidor at cigar bid. Check it out, you will like it.

It's the Devil runnig that website. IMO :laugh:

You know, I go there with the idea of "I don't want to spend $300 on a good box of ISOMs, so let me just bid on one or two things here..."

Then the bill comes. $475

God damn it.

:laugh: Actually, you can get some great deals if you're careful. Before I bid on anything I look up the price, then I bid 50% - 75% of it (depending on how much I want it), and I never go above that. I've also picked up some great 20ct humidors and such for gifts to noobies. It's a great site if you are careful not to overbid.

You can catch a good deal there every now and again. I just won two auctions on Monday I think, 1 was a 5 pack of DCM #3 pyramids for $47 and 3 GoF Carlito Churchills for $17 a piece. Now there is a auction for a single GoF Carlito Churchill and it's up to $27 right now so it's all in the timing.

Dude, say goodbye to your wallet, 401k, Roth IRA, and your wife. That's all I got to say.

If you don't have any of those, then you won't miss much.

It is great for getting high-end sticks at a decent price (if you watch closely).

Fortunately the daily smokes that I love I tend to get pretty cheap. I'm a camacho whore, and have yet to pay over $10 for a fiver of anything. I've gotten a bunch of CAOs at $7 per fiver. I recently restocked my Don Lino Africas at $7 per fiver. :thumbs:

Don't go there looking for Opus singles unless you take out a loan.. :laugh:

Don't go there looking for Opus singles unless you take out a loan.. :laugh:

Or Anejos! I believe they have an auction going on right now for a fiver of Sharks for about $120!! :(

On the other hand, not too long ago I got a nice desktop humidor in one of their occasional 'scratch and dent' sales for more than half off the regular price. When I got it, I couldn't even find the scratch or dent. I also agree with Jonesy, you can find some really great deals on some cigars, but it's all about the timing.

I have picked a vast number of cigars from cigarbid. I never pay more than about 40% of MSRP for anything I have ever recieved. There are times I've picked up 20 dollar sticks in a ten pack for 2 bucks a stick. But you guys right, it is all timing. Just make sure you don't even start bidding until the last 20 minutes of the auction or you will unnecessarily inflate the price before you buy. Be that dick who makes his bet 2 minutes before the auction closes. Just don't do it to me :)

I have picked a vast number of cigars from cigarbid. I never pay more than about 40% of MSRP for anything I have ever recieved. There are times I've picked up 20 dollar sticks in a ten pack for 2 bucks a stick. But you guys right, it is all timing. Just make sure you don't even start bidding until the last 20 minutes of the auction or you will unnecessarily inflate the price before you buy. Be that dick who makes his bet 2 minutes before the auction closes. Just don't do it to me :)
Thanks Jose, you had to tell everybody the secret. ;)

You caught me there. Alot of the 20 dollar sticks were gurkhas, but there some other good ones I picked up for a couple bucks a stick. Media Noches, Cien Fuegos, Graycliffs, just to name a few.

CBid is AWFUL! I would highly recommend against using it!

STAY AWAY! I repeat, STAY AWAY!!!

Actually I love cigarbid, but the fewer people that know about it, the better. ;)

I have spent many a dollar at Cbid in the past 3 years. Luckily my wife doesn't see the invoices. I agree that if your timing is right you can get some really good deals.

You know, I go there with the idea of "I don't want to spend $300 on a good box of ISOMs, so let me just bid on one or two things here..."

Then the bill comes. $475

God damn it.

:laugh: Actually, you can get some great deals if you're careful. Before I bid on anything I look up the price, then I bid 50% - 75% of it (depending on how much I want it), and I never go above that. I've also picked up some great 20ct humidors and such for gifts to noobies. It's a great site if you are careful not to overbid.
lol... i spent $150 my first visit there. i cant seem to stay off that damn site.

You can catch a good deal there every now and again. I just won two auctions on Monday I think, 1 was a 5 pack of DCM #3 pyramids for $47 and 3 GoF Carlito Churchills for $17 a piece. Now there is a auction for a single GoF Carlito Churchill and it's up to $27 right now so it's all in the timing.

You got them for 19$ a piece. :whistling:

Don't make me tell you my methods, but check your invoice. :laugh:

I like cigar bid, but I think some of the bidders jump on auctions to quckly and drive the price higher when cigar bid is going to put another auction up when this one ends. Then the bidder ends up paying very close to retail price. Then whats the point! :cool:

its all about patience watch, wait, and stalk your pray, then when you finally catch it burn it alive :rolleyes:

Yeah, wait and lurk and you will come up with a good buy. I was tracking this humidor which is selling for $180.00 at different sites and I bought it for $80.00 at CB. What a deal!! The other thing is don't bid on small items because it is not cost effective unless they combine items to save on postage.

Cbid, owned by Cigars International. The will mislead you, gouge you, and absolutely FUC* you IF you let them. Their cigar descriptions are misleading at best and you absolutely cannot trust the illustrations. One of their best tricks is to show you a BOX of cigars while the lot is a fiver. Rookies should either stay away, or tread VERY lightly. That said, yes, there are some really great bargains to be had - IF you know what you're doing. Know the price that you're willing to pay and don't get caught up in auction fever.