• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Bid

I've found that when it comes to the big name brands, one really needs to focus on buying boxes to get much of a bargain. ANd even then, know what a good sale price is so to know the cap. But for fivers, it's really about saving a buck or two. I imagine some people over bid simply to round out an order. They don't care if they over paid on a few if on a few others they saved. Yes, it isn't optimal nor rational, but people are still lazy.

That always blows my mind, and it happens a lot. Auction fever I guess. Saw a box of ten My Father LE coronas go for $78 last week when you can get them on CI for about $59, or $48 on a free fall. The 5packs of Feral Flying Pigs....now THAT is crazy watching how unnecessarily high those things go.

A lot of people loose all rational behavior when it comes to auctions.  That's what the auction sites are counting on.  Several decades ago I was at a local live auction and saw a very well used Craftsman table saw sell for over new retail.

Impulse, addiction, money is no object to some, I've also come to a theory that CBID has bots or plants in place to buy back product and relist it, but that doesn't make sense.

People don't check prices before bidding.  They assume Cigarbid or the other bidders have an idea what something costs.  This and all the other reasons above.

Some people are just idiots.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

diapanos said:

The best way to operate on C-Bid seems to be to stick to the lesser known sticks.
Thge minute a very well known cigar is up for bid people loose their freaking minds!

100% Yes! If it's a My Father, Tat, Ashton VSG or Drew Estate Underground or LP, things get pretty crazy. The same thing happens on Famous Smoke's auction site. You can still get a good deal on boxes, but you need to know where to set your max bid. Even with lots of interest you can save 20-30% under sales prices if you are patient and smart.

L^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^$%$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Bro, if you have to ask why 'so many' people are so stupid....well, that's a bigger Q than this thread can contain.

&777777777777&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&