• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Box Lamp

Ludwig

~Puros Mas Finos~
Okay I am thinking of making a cigar box lamp, just wanted to see if any of you had made one and have any tips. Do you glue the boxes together? What type of glue works best? Where did you get your lamp kit...etc.

Thanks!

this sounds like an awesome idea.. i actually have the socket and cord that i tore of some lame homemade lamp i found in the garbage (college kid)

I can see it now..

a stack of cigar boxes....slightly askew, drilling a hole in the top one with a lare... circular.. saw..drill bit.
drilling the other boxes to thread the cord.. screwing and gluing the boxes together.

this would be easier than making that booze bottle lamp....

hit us with pics if you start on this anytime soon, we'd love to see it.

at 3-4 bucks a box at the smoke shop.. this would be a pretty sweet and inexpensive project.

at 3-4 bucks a box at the smoke shop.. this would be a pretty sweet and inexpensive project.
???

What do you do with your own empty boxes? I just cleared out a closet full of clutter and ended up pulling out about 20 empty cigar boxes. The girls of the family snapped them up. I think they're jewelry or other trinket container boxes now.

Okay I am thinking of making a cigar box lamp, just wanted to see if any of you had made one and have any tips. Do you glue the boxes together? What type of glue works best? Where did you get your lamp kit...etc.

Thanks!

You can find threaded rods, sockets, wiring, shades, etc. at Lowe's or Home Depot. Personally, I wouldn't bother gluing the boxes together, just run the threaded rod through them all, and tighten them down that way. They're a fun and fairly easy project.

Good luck!

If you decide to make one please post pic's. I would enjoy seeing how it turned out. :thumbs:

Thanks!

I actually just finished mine today. I used liquid nails to glue the boxes together, and I got the kit at Lowes. I had no issues with it, and it was a lot easier than I thought. I will post some pics sometime this week.

Uh, guys...

Looky here

Good luck with your project.

yah i saw this but it doesnt state how he attached them.

So you think the best way to do it is to get a threaded rod, and sink it all the way through to the bottom box?

Sorry, my mistake.

I seem to remember Wade saying somewhere that he just threaded the rod through and used nuts and washers to hold the boxes in place. So it was like this: box/washer/nut-box/washer/nut and so on.Must of been another thread or in a PM or something. I'm sure he'd be glad to help via PM or something.

Anyway, good luck. These sure are cool looking.

this is undoubtedly on the top of my project list as soon as my table is completed.

Well my lamp is almost done, I might have made more work out of it than I should have by bolting the boxes together but i thought it was a good idea as it didnt look like the threaded rod would keep it sturdy. So out of the top box I have a gold polished rod that is sunk into the top box, had to get a threaded "bottom" piece to attach it firmly.

I will take pictures when I am all done.

Would like to hear how others have done it

Here's one I made:
Lamp2.jpg

From the back, it's a little rough:

Lamp1.jpg

:laugh:

I'm pretty handy with clocks too!:
QuinteroClock2.jpg

ElDentesDeskClock2.jpg

If you need any duct tape just let me know. ;)