• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Cases

cpprhead59

We are the music makers...we are the dreamers of d
Hi guys,
I am trying to find some ideas on a good cigar case to bring with me on the golf course. I have been using a humi pouch but I am not the most gentle person with them and they get a little banged up from time to time. I am just looking for something reasonably prices but also sturdy enough to hold about three smokes. I have looked on different sites and saw a few that looked nice but as always I am going to defer to some of the more experienced BOTL on this one.

Any help is very welcomed.
Terry

Have you seen THESE yet, my father has one of these and when we are on the golf course this is almost always attached to his bag. A little bigger than say a tube so not so easy to carry in your pocket but then again a great addition to a golf bag as it fits inside most larger pouches on the side.

The cases like Frosty recommended are great. I have the one on his link, as well as Xicar's version. I use them for traveling and golfing. They are tough and have a good seal. You will not be dissapointed.

Have you seen THESE yet, my father has one of these and when we are on the golf course this is almost always attached to his bag. A little bigger than say a tube so not so easy to carry in your pocket but then again a great addition to a golf bag as it fits inside most larger pouches on the side.

That is what i use.

If you want a travel case something along the lines of what was mentioned previously is great. I got mine free awhile back from cheaphumidors.com because I placed an order of a certain size. There are a couple different brands that make them but they are all pretty much the same, a good hard shell with a soft foam insert to hold the cigars and a rubber gasket to have a good seal.

If you want a pocket case to hold a couple cigars I suggest the Xicar
325envoyblack.jpg

Both Cigarmony and Heartfelt industries carries it along with a number of other sites. It costs a bit more than a number of the cheaper leather pocket cigar cases but it does a much better job protecting the cigars. I have a Xicar case and another one that shall rename nameless and I haven't reached for it sense I bought the Xicar. Once something is in my pocket I tend to forget about it, so being well protected is pretty important to me.

If you want a travel case something along the lines of what was mentioned previously is great. I got mine free awhile back from cheaphumidors.com because I placed an order of a certain size. There are a couple different brands that make them but they are all pretty much the same, a good hard shell with a soft foam insert to hold the cigars and a rubber gasket to have a good seal.

If you want a pocket case to hold a couple cigars I suggest the Xicar
325envoyblack.jpg

Both Cigarmony and Heartfelt industries carries it along with a number of other sites. It costs a bit more than a number of the cheaper leather pocket cigar cases but it does a much better job protecting the cigars. I have a Xicar case and another one that shall rename nameless and I haven't reached for it sense I bought the Xicar. Once something is in my pocket I tend to forget about it, so being well protected is pretty important to me.

ohhhhh thats nice tugboat. i like the first one mentioned but being able to put it in my pocket would be great and it looks snazzy too!!

anyone else second the xicar item tugboat mentioned?

thanks guys for the help.... great stuff!!

I use and carry the Otterbox line (very similar to the Xikar. They come in 2,5,10,15,18 and 30 stick sizes.
I would be happy to give you a 10% discount if you would like (check my site for the items and let me know).
Also you get a free Cigar Clip that is excellent for holding your smoke on the golf cart.

If you are not in a huge hurry, I will be posting a group buy on the Otterbox's this week at a better price.

Dave

Check out southside's merchandise. I always say support those who support CP.

I have used the Perfecto cigar case for a couple of years now. It is virtually crush proof, is inexpensive ($10), and has a humidification device built into the bottom (which I replaced the foam with beads). I have taken it on 2 deployments (1 to Iraq and now in Afghanistan). I bought mine at the local B&M, but am sure that you can find them online.

THIS is what I use when i am only taking a few cigars otherwise I would go with a cigar caddy and cheap ones can be found HERE Although you may have seen these before but Ron has great deals on that site. Although you might want to email him cause i think he has been working on it lately. or he hasn't IDK LOL

Both of these are for someone who wants something that is cheap and works well. I do have a leather case but it is not that good compared to these. They can be taken on airplanes and they even float and are water tight (not the first one I sent)

Otherwise you can find a nice looking leather case many places for about $20 and they offer less protection but are more fashionable.
my 2 cents.

I use and carry the Otterbox line (very similar to the Xikar. They come in 2,5,10,15,18 and 30 stick sizes.
I would be happy to give you a 10% discount if you would like (check my site for the items and let me know).
Also you get a free Cigar Clip that is excellent for holding your smoke on the golf cart.

If you are not in a huge hurry, I will be posting a group buy on the Otterbox's this week at a better price.

Dave

I have a 5 that I take with me all the time. A 15 for weekend / 3 Day float trips on the river.

my .02

Paul

I personally use the Xikar on the golf course all of the time. It's my favorite because it can fit into my golf bag easily, and it will hold three churchill size cigars with ease. I don't have an Otterbox, but those look decent as well. It's truly up to you, but I think the Xicars look better and are easier to carry around. If Dave has anything going on for cheap, I would suggest going with that one. The Xikar is going to run you about $35-40 depending on where you get it from.

Edit: to fix spelling. ;)

I personally use the Xikar on the golf course all of the time. It's my favorite because it can fit into my golf bag easily, and it will hold three churchill size cigars with ease. I don't have an Otterbox, but those look decent as well. It's truly up to you, but I think the Xicars look better and are easier to carry around. If Dave has anything going on for cheap, I would suggest going with that one. The Xikar is going to run you about $35-40 depending on where you get it from.

Edit: to fix spelling. ;)

I am leaning toward the Xikar too because it can fit in my pocket, bag, golf cart and look a little better than the Otterbox. How do they hold up? Do they wear easily? Are they crushproof?

While I am learning toward the Xikar Envoy, I have already though about where an Otterbox is going to fit into my future....shaking my head...this place is creating a monster.

I have the Xikar envoy and an Otterbox. I use the Envoy for things like golf where I only need to take 2-3 smokes. The otterbox is good for taking smokes with me for a weekend or longer.

I have the Xikar envoy and an Otterbox. I use the Envoy for things like golf where I only need to take 2-3 smokes. The otterbox is good for taking smokes with me for a weekend or longer.

that is exactly my plan!!!

I carry a 15 cigar xikar case, If i'm bringing more than 1 smoke, i'm normally bring some for others to smoke too, so it works out.

If i'm only bringing one i stick it in a lil ziplock and just treat it carefully.

My Case has held up perfectly. It's not 100% crush proof, but it can take a beating. I've sat on it and it didn't break, if that helps any. They don't wear down at all. I've had mine for over a year and it still looks like it did whenever I bought it. :)