• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar cases

Big Slim Junior

I'd like to get a small cigar case. I'm leaning toward a Csonka Survivor. I like the leather cases, but I want to be able to have more than three cigars. Plus, I kind of like the hinged case vs the standard leather case. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Looks pretty cool but I've never gone for anything like that.

I just use ziplock bags. Even in this cold, dry weather, cigars will last long enough in a ziplock baggie for me. When I'm getting ready to go somewhere, I stop by the coolerdor, pop two or three in a zip lock and put it in the glove box in the car.

I've never had one dry out yet.

i'm afraid i'd break the cigar with a ziploc bag.
plus it's not as cool looking. :D

I do the zip lock bag thing too. The case has a definite "cool" factor to it. I'm not so worried about humidity as I am crushing or bending good stoges.

For just carrying a few cigars I use the Airlock Cigar Case. Holds three large cigars or 4-5 small cigars, depending on size. Made out of plastic and can take a beating. You can adjust the case for the length of the cigars you are carrying by adjusting a rubber grommet. The grommet also gives the case a good seal to keep the cigars fresh. :thumbs:

Altadis is starting to carry these again. Cost is around $20.

That does look nice....I've been looking at something similar myself.

Right now I use a leather telescoping holder with cedar lining. It holds two plus in it I have a Premier Tubos Humidifier I got from a friend! :D

I usually just rip the top off of my PBR tall boy can with my teeth, stuff my zipock (con sticks) inside and skidattle.

A bit uncouth, but the chicks seem to dig it...

;)

MilesMingusMonk said:
I usually just rip the top off of my PBR tall boy can with my teeth, stuff my zipock (con sticks) inside and skidattle.

A bit uncouth, but the chicks seem to dig it...

;)

LOL MMM! :p :p

If the sticks are short enough, tea tins from "The Republic of Tea" seal up pretty tight too.

-Mike

I use a Plastic School Pencel Box with a cigar tube punched with holes and filled with Vern's 65% beads. It holds upwards of 10 or 12 smokes and keeps em perfectly humidified, but looks sortof Un-Cool. :sign:

That Csonka looks cool just costs more and doesn't hold as many ??? If 4 is all you want to cary, and Cool is important to you, then I say Go For It. Csonka is a name you can trust. :thumbs:

You might also want to look at this Travel Case. :p

Thompson also has a number of different travel dors, most of them come with a few cigars you may or may not ant, and then of course they always feel the need to "Repleat" all said cases with the Thompson Seal (freekin metal sign that might as well say "LOOSER" as far as some are concerned (might negate the "Cool" effect). :lookup:

The Csonka looks awesome if that is what would make you happy, I would just get it. :thumbs:

I should have added that this is something to take to the bars so cool is good. :) However, I can see how the tall boy can would be good for the chicks. :D

I agree with Fast4dr about the Otter Box. I just have the 3400 but it works for me If I ever need a larger one then I plan another Otter Box

The Cbid box is nice, just toss the Fire stick when you get it. :(

Can you ever have enough? LOL!

A DC single tube.
A double tube.
A brass double.
2400 Otterbox
5000 Otterbox

Covers all the bases. :)

I have a couple of different travel boxes, including the csonka 4stick model in the first post. Mine came from cigarbid, I think I paid like $15 for it plus the shipping?

The only problem with mine is, the clay elements are not replaceable and they dont hold much water. And mine doesnt completely seal on 1 side, there is a slight gap.

My favorite is my zero halliburton knock off, its aluminum with a rubber gasket seal, holds ten sticks (5 on each side). Got mine for $55 from cheaphumidors.com, but I just checked, and they don't carry them anymore :(

it looks like this one
diplomat.gif

The csonka is a good unit though- but if you can find the all aluminum ones for under $60 to $80, and thats in your pricerange- I highly recomend one.

:thumbs: Toaster