• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Companions

SamGuss

I have 4 cats around the house, one of them is Princess. She is a cow kitty - mostly white, with a couple spots of black, a black hairdo on top of her head and ears, and a black tail. She is a sweet thing, but for the most part is content just to hang out and not pay much attention to you as many cats are want to do. That is until I head for the humidor and grab a cigar.

Not any cigar will do. She definately has her favorites and perfers Maduro and other dark leaf cigars - the Ashton VSG line I am beginning to believe is her favorite, but she doesn't tend to get excited or stick around for a natural, cameroon or a conneiticut leaf cigar.

When I smoke a maduro or other dark wrapper cigar, then she wants to be right there, next to me. She loves the cigar smoke and if I don't exhale some her way she will get next to the cigar itself, whether it is in my hand or in the ashtray to get near the smoke.

She also enjoys me petting her during these times - especially with the hand that has been holding the cigar. Sometimes she will clean herself while all of this takes place, other times she will just nearly fall asleep, but when the cigar is done, then so is she and she wanders back off to herself again. Sometimes taking time to lick my hand which has been holding the cigar (she is polite and waits until after I am done with it at least).

She never directly touches the cigar, whether it is buring or not and I have trusted her just to see what would happen if I leave out a maduro cigar to see if she would "get" it. Nada. Only after it is lit and when I am done smoking so is she. As I stated before she appears to love the VSG the best and is almost agressive about ensuring she gets the smoke and aroma around her whenever these are being smoked. Even pawing me gently to remind me that she is waiting for exhalation of smoke.

So, does anyone else have a pet that enjoys cigars as much as we do or my Princess? If, so let's hear about it. Before it's over you never know, we might have to do a box pass based off our pets favorite cigars :sign:

Sam

My Yellow Lab (Kobe) always stays near me when I light up a cigar, whether we are inside or outside. I suppose he likes the smoke, but he is kind of indifferent to the cigar itself.