• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Flavor Wheels.. Have you used one?

Bitaemo

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Canadian
I'm wondering if anyone here uses a cigar flavor wheel to choose a cigar sometimes? If you have, which did you use, or continue to use?

For those of you unfamiliar with what a flavor wheel is, it is a tool that helps you decide what kind of cigar you might enjoy smoking. You choose what flavor profiles you like, (Traditional flavors or infused), size, length, etc.. even cost. You then hit search and a list of cigars with those characteristics is revealed.

There is a decent app that does this for iPhone called iVice.

But I'm wondering if you have something online that you use to help you decide what to smoke?

Tell me about it!

Image below is screenshots from iVice.

5M79c.png

I question your definition of a "flavor wheel". AFIK, A flavor wheel has nothing to do with any application to choose cigars, it's a wheel describing different tastes across a broad spectrum. It's supposed to help you in describing tastes when evaluating food, beverages, cigars, etc. Something like this:

http://www.eblong.com/zarf/flavorwheel.html

I use my computer and phone for lots of things, but choosing cigars isn't one of them. I rely on the recommendations of friends and B&M owners, and my own taste buds. Never had a problem with that method....

^^What Tom said.^^ I've never used a flavor wheel to choose a cigar. I just like to use standard review terms such as pepper, leather, chocolate, hints of (insert spice or good product or animal type), ya know... Stuff like that!

I definitely go for what I know I like, and I just read the reviews on here and see if they match the flavor profile I'm a fan of. I'm mostly interested in the reviews that say "subtle notes of pink donuts and Sneeds sweat," and that's how I choose.

Thats a pretty interesting concept. I am going to look it over as it may help me better recognise a lot of the flavors i taste and cannot pinpoint.​