• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Friendly in Manhatten (NYC) - Outside: Suggestions

theebug

BOTL,
As a denizen of NYC, I am very familiar with the indoor, cigar friendly establishments that serve food (Merchants, Club Macanudo etc.).

But now that the weather is nicer I am looking for suggestions of places that server food and allow smoking outside.

All help and advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kenny

Central Park?

Nope. Although the law banning outside smoking at parks and beaches is technically on hiatus, they left all the signs up which means countless annoying people harassing you while you try to smoke.

One place they've had the monthly NYC herf when the weather is nice is Brass Monkey. They've got a nice deck upstairs that allows smoking. If you check the thread down in the herf section, you'll probably find a few pics that give you an idea of the view up there. Here's their site: http://www.brassmonkeynyc.com/

The only place in Manhattan that's allowed to smoke is Paley Park 3 East 53rd st.

Brass Monkey looks very cool. I just checked out the website and I will be looking for the pictures.

The Perfect Pint on 45th between 2nd and 3rd has a roof deck as well but they only allow you to smoke on a set of very uncomfortable chairs facing the street in the summer.

Regarding the Park situation, it is not a good idea at the moment.

Gansevoort Hotel on Park Avenue South allows smoking on their rooftop bars. Their another hotel near Gramercy Park as well that I visited with a friend. Can't recall the name of it right now.

Went to Brass Monkey last night - Really great place and very popular

Interesting situation:
When I asked the waitress if we could smoke, she said of course. The roof deck is wide open and there was a 5 mph wind. Then one of the bouncers comes over 20 minutes later and tells me to put out the cigar. He said I was stinking up the lower levels. I told him I asked and was given permission but he said it did not matter. Then 10 minutes later another bouncer came over and told me to forget the first guy, this was his deck and that I could smoke my cigar.

Long and short of it, I got to enjoy my Upman 50 and a My Father Le Bijou 1922 in piece in a beautiful setting surrounded by beautiful people - Priceless