• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Identification

Tillers

I picked up a couple of Bolivars at my LCS and I must say I'm impressed. It was a great smoke on a sunny Saturday afternoon!

So the shop had only 3 left and they weren't in the Bolivar box, not sure why but perhaps due to space constraints they were relocated to a smaller, wooden box. The size is 6 x 46/47. Guy at the shop had no idea, or he just didn't want to tell me.

I've searched around on here, found quite a few threads but from what I can tell there isn't much way to tell just from the band.

Any ideas?
IMG_5097.jpg

IMG_5099.jpg

IMG_5100.jpg

http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?page=itemDetails&itemcode=BFBE&/BOLIVAR%20COFRADIA-BELICOSO%20FINO.html

It's a Bolivar Cofradia Belicoso Fino. It wasn't from the regular General Bolivar line (which I thought was awful), but another J-R led line. I used to really enjoy them a few years ago. They were made in Frank Llaneza's famed Villazon plant in Honduras that unfortunately closed about a year ago. I think the old Villazon smokes are now all made in Danli.

If you liked that guy, the Hoyo Excalibur, Sancho Panza Double Maduro or El Rey Del Mundos are all very comparable. They're all still enjoyable to me on occasion with the double benefit of being good gift/moocher/gateway cigars for you interested-but-non-cigar smoking friends.

Jeff did the retailer tell you they were Cubans?

No, he just said he had no idea what king they were. I don't think he does the ordering and the other guy, who seems to know more wasn't there.

http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?page=itemDetails&itemcode=BFBE&/BOLIVAR%20COFRADIA-BELICOSO%20FINO.html

Sweet! Thanks. That looks like them!

It's a Bolivar Cofradia Belicoso Fino. It wasn't from the regular General Bolivar line (which I thought was awful), but another J-R led line. I used to really enjoy them a few years ago. They were made in Frank Llaneza's famed Villazon plant in Honduras that unfortunately closed about a year ago. I think the old Villazon smokes are now all made in Danli.

If you liked that guy, the Hoyo Excalibur, Sancho Panza Double Maduro or El Rey Del Mundos are all very comparable. They're all still enjoyable to me on occasion with the double benefit of being good gift/moocher/gateway cigars for you interested-but-non-cigar smoking friends.

Thanks, I'll have to give them a try as well :)

Good to know about the difference in lines as well. Interesting.

I agree. I have a box resting in my cabinet. I believe they are Corfridia 55's. They've been resting for about 2 years now. I think they're fantastic!!