• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

cigar inventory website question

Sockmonkey

do you guys think that if someone came up with a website that you could keep your humidor inventoried that supplied a good data base of brands and a place for tasting notes with pictures of the bands etc. Would there be a market for it. We were also talking about designing a hygrometer with a wifi devise that you could keep in your humidor that would chart you temp and humidity on an hourly basis. So what do you guys think?

I was gonna contract a company to do an Iphone application to do just that. not the wifi part though

I think it would be a good idea, but I don't know how many people would PAY for it. I probably wouldn't. You'd probably have a better shot with it if cigar companies and/or retailers would be willing to advertise, although this isn't a good time to ask for ad money. Ad money is down substantially from last quarter to this quarter and it will probably get worse, before it gets better.

do you guys think that if someone came up with a website that you could keep your humidor inventoried that supplied a good data base of brands and a place for tasting notes with pictures of the bands etc. Would there be a market for it. We were also talking about designing a hygrometer with a wifi devise that you could keep in your humidor that would chart you temp and humidity on an hourly basis. So what do you guys think?

I wouldn't pay for the site membership, as I really don't keep an inventory of what I have.

As for the hygrometer w/ a wifi device, that's a great idea, and would buy one.

I would pay, but it would be too tedious without having pre-tagged RFID for each cigar in the inventory. I have a 1000+ cigars, and I wouldn't take the time to run through every cigar I have and every cigar I buy and then do data entry into a website for all of them. Good idea in theory, but without that functionality, I wouldn't do it.

Agree with Rob though, the wifi hygrometer would be an awesome tool.

Here's a few Online Services to check out.

StogieNotes

Cigar Steward

Humibase