• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Magazine's Fall '09 Ratings

Nicklor

Teh Beer N' Gar Connoisseur ...
I recently recieved an invitation from Cigar Magazine and was chosen to be on their panel of judges which will be featured in their Fall 2009 magazine. They will be sending out a kit of cigars they've chosen in which I will judge upon strength/taste/flavor profile etc., and all of the other good reasons we love cigars.

I'm pretty damn stoked to even be considered and take part of something like this, hopefully I can do a blind taste on here sometime. I will post more details about it when I know more.

I promise I won't let anyone down!

Nick

*UPDATE* 4/04/09
I recieved my kit in the mail yesterday and the following is the list of cigars I've recieved -

From Top Left to Right -

Montecristo White Prontos Petites
Romeo y Julieta Romeo
Macanudo Maduro Ascot
Montecristo Habanitos
Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real Minutos Petites
La Gloria Cubana Gloria Petit
H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon Cambio
Don Diego Prelude
Onyx Reserve Impulse
CAO Petite Cameroon

In order to rate the cigars properly and according to rules, I have to judge each cigar with a number between 50-100, with 100 being perfect in the appearance/taste/construction; strengthwise, the higher the number the heavier-bodied the cigar. There is also a comment box for my opinions/takes on each cigar.

The only ones I've smoked above were the CAO Cameroon and the Upmann Vintage Cameroon, so I'm looking forward to sampling all of the others. I'm still floored by all the product I've been sent ... with 10 tins of 10 petites in each one plus each tin retailing for about $10 bucks a pop let's say, I've easily $100.00 bucks worth of product, lol ... whew, I feel like I struck gold! :blush: :love:

I will start my samplings tonight and will also post my reactions/judging on here also, so you can walk with me through this interesting but exciting process!

All the best,

Nick